We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wait Wait Don't Tell Me advise

Chicago
Level Contributor
120 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Wait Wait Don't Tell Me advise

We will be attending the Jan. 23, 7p.m.Chicago taping of Wait Wait.. I realize you need to show up and wait for first come first serve seats. I was wondering how early people start to line up. Are you waiting outside? (It can be cold in Jan.) Any advice is welcome.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14,239 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wait Wait Don't Tell Me advise

You are waiting inside. Went once and had a blast. Think we got there a little after 6 and were early enough to be about row 5. I would go early. Not a big theater. You won't be far away but if you have a group could get split up. It will be sold out.

Edited: 5:02 pm, December 27, 2013
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
46,482 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wait Wait Don't Tell Me advise

"Check -in is at 6:30PM; doors open at 7:00PM; taping begins at 7:30PM and lasts until app. 9:30PM."

wbez.org/content/wait-wait-dont-tell-me-sche…

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14,239 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wait Wait Don't Tell Me advise

People were in line waiting to check in at 6:30.

Stay after, too. You can get photos with Carl and Peter and the panelists.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,665 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wait Wait Don't Tell Me advise

We went in September. As Wes said, you are waiting in a lobby, so no need to worry about being out in the cold. I think we got there at around 6:25 and there was already quite a crowd. We ended up sitting near the back, but in the center. It always sells out, but there were empty seats on the night that we went. Once we got in line, I realized that I had left my ID in the car and was afraid that they wouldn't let me pick up the tickets without it. My husband was kind enough to run several blocks back to our car to retrieve it, but they didn't even ask.

You will really enjoy it. Paula Poundstone was one of the panelists that night and she was hilarious. It was fun to listen to the show the following Saturday. Have fun!

Chicago
Level Contributor
6,702 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Wait Wait Don't Tell Me advise

They also keep a waiting list the night of since there are always no-shows.

Sometimes the funniest stuff can't be broadcast. As stated, if you stick around you can take pics and get autographs.

Albuquerque, NM
Level Contributor
963 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wait Wait Don't Tell Me advise

OK, I won't tell you any advice.

Chicago
Level Contributor
120 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wait Wait Don't Tell Me advise

Thanks for all the good advice!.....and it took me a moment to get the joke.

Chicago
Level Contributor
6,702 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Wait Wait Don't Tell Me advise

Don't feel bad - me too.

9. Re: Wait Wait Don't Tell Me advise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 30, 2014