We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation choices on the islands

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
202 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation choices on the islands

Hi,

I'm taking a class right now and I need to write a paragraph on the lodging choices of each of the Hawaiian. Very quick blurbs are all that are needed, and doing research on the internet, it's very hard to find a good overview of the types of places to stay! Every site that google finds just has a search for specific places. Plus there is no better information than that from locals. Also - do the type of accommodation choices vary greatly from island to island? Or are they similar enough so that I could get away with writing one paragraph that would encompass all the islands?

Thank you so much!

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,376 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation choices on the islands

I suppose you could say the there is a Four Seasons on just about every island. LOL

On Oahu most of the nicer hotels are clustered in Honolulu/Waikiki with a few other choices on the North Shore (Turtle Bay) and east side (Kailua). There is one stand-alone hotel JW Marriott on the west shore.

Kauai's hotels and condos are mostly in three areas: Poipu (south), Kapaa (central) and Princeville (north).

Most of the nicer hotels and condos on Big Island are in its NW corner. There are some more condos and hotels around Kona and Keauhou and a few older hotels in Hilo.

Maui's west coast has many lodgings, from 5-star hotels to bargain condos. South Maui and West Maui are the main tourist draws.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
202 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation choices on the islands

Thank you!! This helps a lot :-)

3. Re: Accommodation choices on the islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, August 25, 2009