We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging on Kauai for 25th anniversary.

New York
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Lodging on Kauai for 25th anniversary.

Thanks to all the replies to my previous post on which two islands to stay for 10 days this summer. It is truly helpful to read what experienced travelers have to say and factored greatly into our decision. We have decided to spend the first 4 days on Oahu at the Outrigger Waikiki, follwed by 6 days on Kauai. We are leaning toward staying in Poipu but have an open mind about other locations such as the north shore. We are looking at 3 -4 star resorts and hotels, perhaps B&Bs or cottages, and would appreciate any ideas or creative thoughts to make our trip more memorable. My wife and I are not activity oriented, just general sightseeing and photography. We are celebrating our 25th and seeking info on where we could renew our vows on Kauai, someplace either on the ocean or by a waterfall.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,839 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging on Kauai for 25th anniversary.

Aloha! Well, first suggestion would be to post this direct on the Kauai forum for the most reponses. If you are going in the summer, I would definitely stay on the North shore . . . the scenery, weather, beaches/snorkeling are incredible. My preference would be somewhere around Hanalei/Haena area, but Princeville has lots of offer as well as Anini. Here are my favorite 2 websites for accommodations: www.kauaivacationresorts.com/north and

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/hawaii/kauai There is so much to do on Kauai - especially if photography is the main thing - you can drive, hike and kayak to experience this. Congrats on your 25th - best wishes! :)

2. Re: Lodging on Kauai for 25th anniversary.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 26, 2009