We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just starting to plan - advice please!

New York
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
Just starting to plan - advice please!

Hi there!

My husband and I are thinking about going to Hawaii for our 2 year anniversary next year in March or April after a friend's wedding in Santa Barbara so we can break up the flight (we live in NY). Neither of us have been to Hawaii, so we are just starting to gather info. Can I ask your advice on a few things?

1. We will probably go for a week and are looking mostly to relax on beautiful beaches, but also see volcanos and other cool Hawaii things. How many island should we go to in one trip (if it will be our last)? Which ones do you recommend?

2. Does anyone have any suggestions on resorts? Something high end, but good bang for your buck as far as amenities, food and service. We love all inclusives as we are big eaters and drinkers! :-)

3. How do you recommend planning the trip? A travel agent or online? Anyone have any tips on getting great deals?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

:-)

Hamakua Coast, BI
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just starting to plan - advice please!

Hi Adeleeee, looks like you got lost in the new message shuffle so I will try to give you some advice. IMO it seems like you would be happiest going to Maui. It has lots of beautiful white sand beaches and you can make side trips to the uplands or to Hana if you wish. If you visited the Big Island, you would spend a lot of time driving. Plus our March weather has not been great the last few years. You should visit some Hawaii web sites or read some guides for ideas of what you might like to do. Lots of excellent beach resorts are available there, but I am not sure of all-inclusive ones. I assume you mean like Club Med? There is one on the BI, Hawaii Village Resort, but it is pretty expensive if you are looking for deals. If you come in March, you will likely see whales as well. Hope this helps.

2. Re: Just starting to plan - advice please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, August 15, 2009