We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place in Hawaii to Elope??

Prince George...
Level Contributor
213 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Best place in Hawaii to Elope??

Hi there,

My Fiance and I are planning to Elope sometime in late 2014 or early 2015. Just the two of us, we don't want a big expensive wedding.

Can anyone recommend a Great place to Elope at? Any island - doens't matter. We've never been to Hawaii before, always wanted to go and it looks so romantic.

thank you :)

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,839 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place in Hawaii to Elope??

You really need to pick an island first. How much time would you have for this elopement/honeymoon? What time of year? Do you have any sort of budget? AND would you rent a car? www.gohawaii.com would be a big help in your island selection! Happy planning! :)

By the way, we are all slightly biased about our favorite islands, so I will share mine. Depending on time of year though - I would elope on the island of Kauai, specifically on the northshore - stunningly gorgeous! :)

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,522 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place in Hawaii to Elope??

Aloha,

Get a good travel book like Lonely Planet and Destination Guide and see what Island would be a good one for you.

All the Hawaiian Islands are special.

Good luck !

Aloha

Prince George...
Level Contributor
213 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place in Hawaii to Elope??

Thanks! Can you recommend any resorts? Our budget is just under 8 grand.

Edited: 3:01 pm, March 11, 2013
Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
27,900 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place in Hawaii to Elope??

You need to pick an island before you choose a resort or lodging. Once you do, giving us your nightly accommodation budget only (not your entire budget including flights, since we can't price those for you) will be the most helpful.

LA
Level Contributor
10,106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place in Hawaii to Elope??

It's easier for us to give advice if you break down your budget:

1. How many nights of paid accomodation are you budgeting for?

2. What is the amount you want to spend per night?

3. Will you be renting a car?

As you are the one who will chose your flights, I would leave the flights as a separate budget item, under your control.

You also need to budget for meals, alcohol, and activities. There is only one all-inclusive in Hawaii and it is in a remote area that is rainy and windy in the winter.

If you are planning for the week that includes Christmas or New Years, you are going at the absolute most expensive time of year. I'd suggest mid-January, as rates are lower then.

Prince George...
Level Contributor
213 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place in Hawaii to Elope??

Sorry I should have been a bit more Specific! Just seeing if anyone can recommend a great Resort to get married at at any of the Islands? Were mostly leaning towards Maui,

thanks

@
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place in Hawaii to Elope??

Kauai is romantic. Really, all the islands are.

Resorts will charge a lot more than it would cost to get married on a beach - if cost matters.

Prince George...
Level Contributor
213 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place in Hawaii to Elope??

Has anyone stayed at Sheraton Waikki?? That place looks amazing!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,571 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place in Hawaii to Elope??

Congrats on your upcoming wedding. There are fabulous resorts all over Hawaii- on every island. No one on here can give you a really good recommendation until you pick an island with what you want and like. If you want to be somewhere that has a lot of night life- Oahu would be your place, if you want some of that but not big city...Maui, active volcano- Big Island...Kauai is quiet and lush. That is why people have recommended you look at the different islands, and choose one that seems like it fits you and your future husband. Then we can tell you the fabulous places to say and get married. They really are so different from each other. We can tell you a fabulous resort, and it could be a totally different experience from what you want. Please do a bit of looking, decide what kind of fits you, let us know and the budget. We would love to help you find that perfect place.

Edited: 8:19 am, March 15, 2013
Fullerton...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Best place in Hawaii to Elope??

Yes I have and the its just as amazing as it looks! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this place. I saw a few weddings there while I was there!!! Beautiful!!