We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stupid Question re Carry On Luggage

D P
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
Save Topic
Stupid Question re Carry On Luggage

I would much rather carry on and check so that is the plan. I can do travel sizes shampoo, conditioner etc.

I guess for sunscreen I would have to buy it on arrival which is no big deal - but to take that and leftover beverages from Kauai to Maui - is TSA more flexible or will I just need to check the bags?

No biggie - just a logistics question I guess.

Thanks

Soddy Daisy...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stupid Question re Carry On Luggage

TSA rules govern all flights whether it is a a flight from mainland to Honolulu or a hop from Maui to Honolulu.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
21,399 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stupid Question re Carry On Luggage

Aloha,

There are some brands of sunscreen that are sold in 3 oz. sizes. Most hotels/condos supply shampoo; you could check with yours to be sure.

No, no flexibility with TSA.

Enjoy our islands.

Aloha

D P
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Stupid Question re Carry On Luggage

Pretty much what I figured.

Might just bite the bullet and check bags between Kauai and Maui - probably the easiest way. Especially if we also have leftover wine to bring with us,

129 days!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,210 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stupid Question re Carry On Luggage

Cost per bag interisland is a tab cheaper - $17.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stupid Question re Carry On Luggage

Hwaiian has 25 pound baggage limit. Not sure how hard they enforce that. Wife's was 38 pounds we checked it, mine 23 pounds we carried on. but with one checked bag we could put things in there they might take away in carry-on. the carry on bins are not real large.

6. Re: Stupid Question re Carry On Luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, December 16, 2013