We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tons of questions

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
313 posts
Save Topic
tons of questions

my wife and i are potential first time visitors to hawaii. accordingly, i have a ton of questions and i hope someone can help:

what is the weather like in late november (i.e. do i have to worry about hurricanes, etc.)? what is the best area/island for calm water and snorkeling? are there any all inclusive resorts in those areas? if so, do you have any suggestions of resorts you particularly like?

i/we have travelled to jamaica a lot for vacation and are trying to diversify a little. i'm sure you know how difficult that can be when you fall in love with a specific place!

any and all advice/suggestions are welcome.

thanks,

tom

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,682 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tons of questions

First suggestion, make use of the search function here at Trip Advisor. 99% of all questions have been asked and answered already.

As to your specific questions, the weather is great year around (especially when compared to Ohio). The leeward side of any island will be the calmest. They have trade winds which blow every day from the same direction.

There is one all inclusive in all of Hawaii and you better be related to Bill Gates to stay there. It is not at all like the all inclusives in the Bahamma or Mexico, it doesn't include drinks. It is on the Big Island. The reason there is only one, there is so much to see and do you really don't want to be tied to experiencing just one place. Our favorite on the Big Island is the Marriott Waikoloa but we also enjoyed the Hilton Waikoloa.

You can not compare any Hawaiin island to Jamacia....they are pretty much polar opposets except for the weather. Hawaii rarely gets any hurricanes.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
313 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: tons of questions

thanks! how about calm water and snorkeling?

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,682 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tons of questions

Calm water will be found on the leeward side.

On the Big Island (there are 6 islands, hopefully you are looking at that one, if it is another island you may need to post in that island's forum) snorkeling around Captain Cook monument is probably the very best in all of the islands.