We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware buying Premier skincare- Waikiki & Honolulu

Victoria Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Beware buying Premier skincare- Waikiki & Honolulu

Hi

Just thought I'd send out a little 'beware of being ripped off' alert about the people who sell Premier skincare (from Israel full of deadsea bits and pieces) at stalls throughout Waikiki and Honolulu. While some of the sales people can be totally charming do your homework before buying. Even better, if they manage to nab you and start bundling up a range of products for you to fix your many imperfections (maybe that was just my skin lol) get out your phone or iPad and get onto Amazon to compare prices. The prices at the stalls are a total rip off! The eye serum is something like $150 from the stall and about $25 on Amazon. I think some of the products are pretty good so even more reason to get them a whole lot cheaper if you can.

Let the buyer beware.

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Honolulu
Honolulu
Oahu, HI
Washington DC...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: Beware buying Premier skincare- Waikiki & Honolulu

Good post. They do a pretty smooth sell (I was suckered in before I knew what happened) - it seemed to be a nice product, but fortunately I refrained from making any purchase and also checked it out online when I returned to my room. If I buy, it will be through amazon.

Cambridge...
1 post
Save Reply
22. Re: Beware buying Premier skincare- Waikiki & Honolulu

These Premier Hard sales persons from Israel are BRUTAL in Massachusetts, NY, and all over any mall that rents kiosks! Go on Amazon and buy them for 1/10th of the cost. for all dead skin salts and the eye solution creme, Sick Sick people who do this, and they do point out all of your flaws and think that is kind..... No walk away and get out as fast as possible. Oh the nail buffing system at Sally's Beauty or any Target or department store is like under 5.00. Not 40.00 that they sell it for......

LA
Level Contributor
11,030 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Beware buying Premier skincare- Waikiki & Honolulu

So is a first-time poster going to troll this 18 month-old post every six months now?

Edited: 9:51 pm, November 11, 2013
Portland, Oregon
1 post
Save Reply
24. Re: Beware buying Premier skincare- Waikiki & Honolulu

I was just in Kona and was taken in by a very charming young lady named Ela at Ocean Beauty.

I was in quite a hurry to leave, so did not pay attention, but when I got home I realized that my credit card was charged $625 for two, yes that's right, 2 products. What a shock! Buyer beware of these people. I checked online, even on a website that is promoted as a place to buy all your Judaic products, and the price for these items was a fraction of the amount I was charged. When I called the people were very rude and declined to accept a return of these items. Lesson well learned! Do not be as stupid as I was!

Mentioned in this post
Kailua-Kona
Kailua-Kona
Island of Hawaii, HI
Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
25. Re: Beware buying Premier skincare- Waikiki & Honolulu

I actually don't think it is a rip off as I was given a full facial while I was there a year ago and noticed the difference in my skin immediately. True the products are quite expensive as I bought a full treatment of four products for $2000 but the results were amazing and I saw it as an investment in my skin's future and to slow down the aging process, well worth it. The guy attending me was the big cohuna there and threw in 12 other products for free as in one month my daughter was getting married in Australia and wanted me to look a radiant mother of the bride. I have faithfully followed his instructions on how to use the products weekly to improve my skin and the results have been incredible. He gave me free products that would have totalled three to four times what I payed and a personalised facial treatment for my individual skin. It was worth every penny spent.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Beware buying Premier skincare- Waikiki & Honolulu

I really like the product. I saw it in Honolulu but bought it on Maui. Thanks for the Amazon info - wow - what a difference! Harley - you are too funny!

Mentioned in this post
Honolulu
Honolulu
Oahu, HI
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
27. Re: Beware buying Premier skincare- Waikiki & Honolulu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, August 09, 2014
28. Re: Beware buying Premier skincare- Waikiki & Honolulu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:34 am, August 11, 2014
buenos aires
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Beware buying Premier skincare- Waikiki & Honolulu

Absolutely!! Premier actually has some very effective products, but as the OP says, you can get the products online for a fraction of what they try to bleed from you at their stalls!!

buenos aires
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Beware buying Premier skincare- Waikiki & Honolulu

It doesn't matter, of which I'm sure you're aware if you browse the internet regularly, as the information shared in a forum can be helpful to many people other than the OP. I, myself, appreciate being able to find updated information on a topical search and to be able to share information I have with anyone who might be searching the topic. I'm not sure why you felt it necessary to be so dismissive and sarcastic.