We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any all inclusive resorts??

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Are there any all inclusive resorts??

Trying to plan wedding/honeymoon in Hawaii for Nov 2013 - which I realize is too far in advance to actually book but I am trying to get started. We know we are getting married on the beach in Oahu, but from what I hear that island is very touristy so we only plan to stay a few days. Are there any resorts on any of the islands that are all inclusive and are there any that are going to be less 'family friendly?" I really don't want my honeymoon interrupted by a bunch of screaming kids at the pool especially when I am paying several hundred dollars a night. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
23,098 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any all inclusive resorts??

The only AI on the islands is Travassa in Hana on Maui... http://travaasa.com/hana/ It's more than a few hundred a night.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any all inclusive resorts??

This is exactly what we were looking for! Don't mind paying extra for a once in a lifetime event. Thx!!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
23,098 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there any all inclusive resorts??

Congrats and enjoy...let us know how you like it! Make sure your flight to Maui is early enough to make the drive...it's a journey in itself!

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,240 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there any all inclusive resorts??

IMHO I wouldn't do an all inclusive in Hawaii as I have done in Jamaca or Mexico. There is no need to be 'stuck' at one location or one hotel or one property as in Jamaica or Mexico.

One of the best parts of Hawaii is that you can get off property and experience a bunch of different restaurants and bars with a variety IV vistas.

If you want limited exposure to children you may want the Four Seasons. But, even the most expensive places cater to families in Hawaii.

If you want total peace and quiet away from children consider booking a private home or villa.

My wife and I have often vacationed away from our children and find 'adult only' properties around the world to fit the bill!

What ever you decide have a wonderful honeymoon.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
22,767 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there any all inclusive resorts??

How long do you have in Hawaii? Most people find that if they have only one week, it's best to stay on ONE island. Ten nights...two islands. Perhaps you'd plan a wedding on a beach on Maui and skip Oahu entirely.

Be aware that there's *nothing* at Hana (other than the spa and lovely scenery). IMO that's nice for a couple nights, but you might want some time where you could dine out now and then.

You might look at some of the Four Seasons hotels in Hawaii. Possibly the best hotel in the state is Four Seasons Hualali on Big Island of Hawaii. Little Lanai has two 4S. The one in Wailea is also excellent.

The reason there are few to no A-I resorts in Hawaii is because it is a State. People rent cars and safely DIY tour whatever island they are on. Most A-I resorts are isolated from the locals, often located in poorer countries.

Maui
Level Contributor
70,165 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are there any all inclusive resorts??

Aloha,

Yes, you really are waaaaay too early to be booking anything. But it's great that you're starting to ask, read, and learn. I would tend to rec a few days on Oahu, followed by a week on another island. Which one? Well, Lana'i is a good choice, so is Maui, and so is Kauai! Big Island is so big and the joy of it is exploring--but that means a lot of car time.

If you come in early November, there won't be that many kids. Avoid Thanksgiving week.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
52,225 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are there any all inclusive resorts??

Don't discount Oahu to early either. Yes, Waikiki and Honolulu are what you would call "touristy" but there is a whole island left that is rather rural. You may want to spend a couple of days at Turtle Bay and explore the north shore while up there!!

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are there any all inclusive resorts??

Remember Hawaiian has 1 flight a week from Oahu to Tahiti. Might be another option. Oahu for a few days and then over to Moorea or Bora Bora. I love Moorea and you won't find as many kids at the luxury resorts with overwater bungalows. You can get breakfast and dinner included if you want but I'd just go for breakfasts.

Nashville
Level Contributor
134 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are there any all inclusive resorts??

Hello!!

I'm planning early as well for my 25th wedding anniversary Sept 2013. We have booked most of our vacations with Sandals resorts so we were looking for something all inclusive to Hawaii.. We have decided to go with Aloha Hawaiian Vacations. They have several all inclusive packages at the different Islands in Hawaii. It's not like staying at a sandals but the add on options are great. This is our first trip to Hawaii

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,125 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Are there any all inclusive resorts??

Aloha Jennifer,

Be aware that the Travaasa is in Hana (on the rainy side of Maui), and it rains 90+ inches per year there. November also is the early start of the rainy season in Hawai`i.

On O`ahu the Halekulani has less families than most resorts.

The Four Seasons Hualalai on the Big Island has an adult only pool (the new Palm Grove pool), and another "quiet pool" (Beach Tree pool). The rooms start at about $650/night. This is the best resort in all the islands IMHO.

http://www.preview.fourseasons.com/hualalai/

On Maui, the Four Seasons Wailea has an adult only pool too. The rooms start at about $500/night with their every 5th night free promotion.

http://www.preview.fourseasons.com/maui/

My biased thought is to look into Lana`i. There are not any all inclusive resorts there, but the two Four Seasons resorts are the best priced in the islands, the resorts are small (Manele 200 rooms, and Lodge 100 rooms) so they never feel crowded, and November is a quiet month with the kids in school. The island only has 3000 people, so you are certain to find places to be all by yourself, which I feel makes this a very romantic place to visit. However, if you are looking for nightlife and discos, look elsewhere.

The rooms at Manele start at about $350 with their every 4th night free.

http://www.preview.fourseasons.com/manelebay/

And if you decide to go with a Four Seasons resort, find a Four Seasons Preferred Travel Agent. You will get extra perks for no extra cost (room upgrade, free breakfast, etc).

Here is a link to a lot more info on the island of Lana`i:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g29219-c2257/Lanai:Ha…

Congrats and have a fun time planning your honeymoon!

-DrV

Edited: 4:09 pm, January 02, 2012