We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Hawaiian Luau Waikiki

Virginia
Level Contributor
386 posts
201 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Hawaiian Luau Waikiki

Has anyone gone to the Royal Hawaiian luau recently? It has had some mediocre reviews in the past. We are looking to stay in Waikiki and give our kids a fun night of a luau on the beach. I don't need to spend hours getting there or being there. This seems like the easiest one for us to get to and get back to our hotel. We will be still adjusting to our time diff of 6 hours.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
203 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Hawaiian Luau Waikiki

We will be at Royal Hawaiian in 2 months. We are going to the lua at Royal Hawaiian hotel "again". We prefer this over the "famous, authentic" one in Lahaina, on Maui. I believe hotel gives you a discount, too. We saw it a year ago, and really enjoyed it.

Boston...
Level Contributor
359 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Hawaiian Luau Waikiki

I went to the Royal Hawaiian Luau a year ago in March- not really recent. Anyway, I enjoyed the show, but I thought the food was very mediocre and the show itself was only an hour long. Most of the time spent there was getting everybody through the buffet line (and we were there 2.5 hrs- including the show). I was looking for the same thing you are- not wanting to spend a long time getting there etc and this luau is certainly convenient for that reason. If all you are looking for is a basic Hawaiian luau experience where everybody gets a lei etc, nice show with fire dancer and that is close by, then I would recommend it.