We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP--Which island??

Texas
13 posts
Save Topic
HELP--Which island??

I think we have it narrowed down to either Maui, Oahu, or Kauai....can anyone provide suggestions??? I'm 26, he's 31 and very active. I just want a beautiful romantic view. must be on the beach and relatively close to nightlife. he will want surfing, snorkeling, and anything adventurous! Can anyone make suggestions??

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP--Which island??

Well, I have a bias, i will admit it now. My preference is Oahu. There is nightlife in Waikiki, there are beautiful views no matter where you go, snorkeling at Shark's Cove is awesome, and Oahu has some of the most outstanding beaches (Kailua, Lanaiki, and Waimanloe) that I have ever seen! You will find that Waikiki is full of people late twenties, early thirties. And of course Oahu sports the famous North Shore.

What time of year are you thinking of going?

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
977 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP--Which island??

How about Maui? Kaanapali has a nice beach/resort areas, and romantic views of the sunset. Nightlife down the street in Lahaina on Front Street.

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
977 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP--Which island??

Krazy, take a look at the Maui Forum. There's all kinds of informative posts that will help in making your decision...