We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Hawaiian music ?

Baton Rouge, LA
Level Contributor
125 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Good Hawaiian music ?

Hi everyone, Does anyone have any suggestions for good local music? We like to buy a few CD's whenever we are in Hawaii and listen to them in our rental while we are driving around. Thanks!

Salt Lake City, Ut.
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Hawaiian music ?

I listen to my hawaiian music here at home. I really like it. Anything by Iz. Ho'onua is great. Just an Illusion by the Kekai Boyz is good. The local radio station (on Maui) FM 100 plays nice tunes. More soft rock hawaiian style.

Baton Rouge, LA
Level Contributor
125 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Hawaiian music ?

Thanks Kukuinut, We love Iz also. I think we have just about all of his stuff. I am not familiar with Ho'onua or the Kekai Boyz but we will definetly check them out. We also like Keali'i Reichel.

Molokai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Hawaiian music ?

someone on this forum suggested www.alohajoe.com which is in california and can be heard anywhere in the world. i have ,by listening to this, selected a number of cds, they are on my wishlist on their website, and as i listen i can select or delete more as i go. so far we got cds, made from the old records by arthur lyman and martin denny. it is amazing how they were able to reproduce the accustics on the cds, even better than the original records back in the 70s.