We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort rental

Davie Fl.
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Resort rental

I love cabins but the wife gets real spooky if we are in the wild, does anyone know of a complex/Retreat that has nice cabin type of rentals that will give me that out in the wild feel but still has neighbors. Not really concerned about the geographical area .

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort rental

Spooky or spooked? If the former you might want to stick near civilization.

Check out Big Canoe.

Edited: 12:34 pm, February 25, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Big Canoe
Big Canoe
Georgia
atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort rental

go to flipkey.com, there are several in the north ga mountains that have several properties close together, but realize that some have built them like subdivisions where the cabins are too close (think of listening to your drunk and nude neighbors out in the hottub on the front/back porch, while you are trying to enjoy quiet time). Also consider that many of the state parks have cabins, but those are generally very rustic.

Big Canoe is a good choice, it is gated and has security guards.

Mentioned in this post
Big Canoe
Big Canoe
Georgia
Davie Fl.
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort rental

Anything else guys It got a couple of bad reviews out of seven and all of them mentioned that it was not to great of a place for kids we have a 9 and 11 y/os and remember we can go anywhere in the state

Edited: 5:18 pm, February 25, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort rental

I think the reviews your reading are for one particular cabin, not for all of Big Canoe. It's a pretty upscale development and extremely family friendly. See here:

http://www.bigcanoe.com/rentals-vacation.aspx

You're not going to find any property that doesn't have some bad reviews. People like to complain. Even the fanciest hotels in the world will have some critics.

Mentioned in this post
Big Canoe
Big Canoe
Georgia
atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort rental

Sorry, we typically go to the Gatlinburg / Wear Valley area for cabin time, not GA, so I can not recommend a cabin for you in GA. Did you not have any luck on flipkey ? I know it is hard to pick a cabin from the internet, but you should be able to find some leads.

Here are the highest rated ones there, I am sure there are other rating websites -- My advice is to stay away from ones that do not have a ton of interior and exterior pictures on their site :

flipkey.com/north-georgia-mountains-cabin-re…

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
6. Re: Resort rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 28, 2014