We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florida in August - best family resort!

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
35 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Florida in August - best family resort!

Hi Experts,

OK, this is an extremely vague question. We are heading to Florida in August and we want beach. We are a family of 4 (husband, wife, kids 7 & 12). I am looking for a resort with some decent amenities; beach front, at least one pool, very family oriented, a restaurant on site if not within walking distance. I know, vague, but I don't know where to start. It would be nice to be in a charming walk-friendly area. Don't worry about the price - throw out suggestions and I will do the research accordingly. High end, low end, doesn't matter (at this point). I just need suggestions on places. We have been to the Keys so you don't need to recommend anywhere there (we loved Hawks Key...if that helps).

We just want a lovely beach (hey, if you have recommendations for beach areas/hotels in other states I am completely open to that as well).

Thanks so much. I truly appreciate any and all feedback :)

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florida in August - best family resort!

Clearwater Beach (Sand Pearl) or St. Pete Beach (Tradewinds or Sirata).

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
14,347 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florida in August - best family resort!

Daytona Beach, but we rent a time share

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florida in August - best family resort!

Marco Island Marriott. Hands down winner for you.

Cooper City, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Florida in August - best family resort!

I hope this is not too late! But a wonderful resort to stay at in Florida is the Vero Beach Resort and Spa. We go with our children (ages 9 &12) and they LOVE it! It's directly on a beautiful beach, the pool and jacuzzi are both overlooking the beach/ocean and there is an excellent restaurant called "Cobalt" on premises that serve upscale food for breakfast lunch or dinner. This restaurant offers seating inside or out overlooking the ocean. In addition there is bar at the pool. At night they have two big fire pits with chairs on the patio overlooking the beach. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are spacious. It is located right in the small charming town and you can walk to several other restaurants, ice cream shops, and other shops. In addition only about 10min away they have jet skiing available in the Indian river (when we went three dolphin followed us and swam in the wake of our wave runners for about 20 minutes). They also have kayaking available (when we went there were two manatee that were right next to our kayak)! They offer a tour so the guide knows where to take you. The spa in the hotel is wonderful as well!

I know you said you didn't need help with the keys but you have to check out Sunset Key in Key West. One of the best resorts we have ever stayed at!!

I hope this helps and have a wonderful time!

5. Re: Florida in August - best family resort!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 03, 2014