We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help finding perfect Florida beach resort/house/condo rental

Chicago
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help finding perfect Florida beach resort/house/condo rental

I'm looking for a four night stay in May for five. Hoping to find something directly on the beach. Could be condo or house but prefer something with a pool, tennis, golf, restaurants within walking distance. Budget up to $600 per night. Is there such a thing?

Mentioned in this post
Budget Inn
Budget Inn
185 Reviews
Sanford, FL
Florida
Level Contributor
165 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help finding perfect Florida beach resort/house/condo rental

yes there is. the only difficult part is narrowing it down florida is a big state w lots of beaches, resorts, houses, condos.

first choice, gulf coast or atlantic.

wrt house condo resort, how many people, and what do you want to do ?

2. Re: Help finding perfect Florida beach resort/house/condo rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:40 pm, March 18, 2013
Chicago
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help finding perfect Florida beach resort/house/condo rental

I really don't have a preference on where. Someplace close to a major airport since I don't think we'll rent a car so a half hour cab ride would be fine. We would need three bedrooms. We're just planning on relaxing by the pool/beach, restaurants for dinner, maybe a little shopping, tennis or golf. I've spent a lot of time researching but not sure on a reputable rental company. Thanks so much for any help!

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,157 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help finding perfect Florida beach resort/house/condo rental

Your really have to start by at least choosing East or West Coast. For instance you could fly into Tampa on the West Coast and go from there, the west coast tends to be a bit quieter. Or, you could fly into Ft Lauderdale or West Palm beach on the East Coast. If you want tennis and golf then focus on areas with both. If you want to walk to dinner etc places like Ft Lauderdale, Delray Beach and Jupiter/Singer Island make sense. Not having a vehicle makes Ft Lauderdale and Lauderdale By the Sea good options so you aren't faced with a fortune for cab rides. Also maybe look at Treasure Island/John's Pass area on the West Coast. Even St Augustine makes sense, you would fly into Jacksonville tho so it is an hour's commute. Maybe check out VRBO.com. Once you narrow down a general area it is easy to get referrals for a rental company specific to that area.

Mentioned in this post
Chicago
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Help finding perfect Florida beach resort/house/condo rental

Like I said, I don't really care about location but let's just say gulf side. I would like the amenities of a resort but with the space and convenience of a condo/town home. I would like to be directly on beach with access to water sports. And to add to all that we are only staying four days so it might be harder to find a rental.

Marshfield...
Level Contributor
86 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help finding perfect Florida beach resort/house/condo rental

Have you looked at Ft. Myers Beach? Plenty of restaurants, activities, and great beach. There are several timeshare properties right on the beach that would have kitchen, bedroom, livingroom and usually a balcony overlooking the Gulf. There is a trolley that runs the length of Estero Blvd. so not having a car isn't a big problem. Check RCI to get the names of timeshare properties, then call the property directly to see what they have available for rental.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers Beach
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Estero
Estero
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help finding perfect Florida beach resort/house/condo rental

If you're looking at the gulf coast then you should consider the panhandle as well. Destin, South Walton, etc. Both of these have have what you're looking for.

First time I vacationed in Florida, we were initially planning on doing the Florida Keys just because it was the furthest south and looked interesting. Instead we ended up going to a friend's place in South Walton/Blue Mountain Beach. We liked it so much a few years later we bought a place there. We never made it to the Keys and we had a fantastic time.

The important thing is to make some choices for yourself on location, then just look around on VRBO, travel web sites, web sites for that area. One good way would be to see if you can get recommendations from friends you know that have been to FL.

If you're interested in the panhandle at all, here's a web site with some helpful local information:

http://www.sowal.com

Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL
South Walton
South Walton
Florida Panhandle, FL
Florida
Florida
United States
Blue Mountain Beach
Blue Mountain Beach
54 Reviews
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
8. Re: Help finding perfect Florida beach resort/house/condo rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 21, 2014