We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go in Florida in March??

Minnesota
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Where to go in Florida in March??

My Husband and I and our 3 year old are planning a trip to Florida in March. Where is the best place to go for great weather and have it be family friendly...away from spring breakers?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
796 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go in Florida in March??

Fort Myers Beach. Far enough south for warm weather, away from spring breakers.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,387 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go in Florida in March??

Sanibel Island or Captiva Island ... both near Ft. Myers.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go in Florida in March??

Thank you!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go in Florida in March??

Are Sanibel or Captiva large enough that there would be a grocery store handy? Our plan is to try and find a condo on the beach where we could cook a lot of our meals in. So much easier with a 3 year old!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
796 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go in Florida in March??

Marco Island, near Naples is another place.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,387 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go in Florida in March??

I'm pretty sure you can get basics on the island but they will be more expensive than on the Ft. Myers mainland. I think most visitors get their groceries before going on to the islands plus there is a $6 toll to go on to the island. To drive off it is free.

Read both the Sanibel and Captiva forums to see where others have stayed.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,975 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go in Florida in March??

There are 2 stores on Sanibel, Baileys and Jerry's. they can be more pricy than off island places, but most stock up at the Publix on their way too the island before they cross the toll bridge.

Condo-ing with a toddler can be a great vacation. When ours were little we'd go out for lunch most days, then dinner in (with a bottle of wine for the adults lol).

8. Re: Where to go in Florida in March??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, December 17, 2013