We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

That ol' Alamo question

5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
That ol' Alamo question

Good evening tripadvisors I need some information please.

We have booked our car hire and gold insurance with Thomas Cook.

All paid for.

Does anybody know what deposit Alamo will take from my debit card? Thomas Cook rung Alamo CS and was told £200. But I have contacted Alamo myself and told something different.

I shall post Alamo's response below:

A deposit equal to the standard estimated cost of the rental will be taken by way of an authorization at the time of rental, and the funds will not be available for use until after the vehicle has been returned. If using a Florida driver’s license, a deposit amount of up to $200.00 USD plus the standard estimated cost of the rental will be required. In all cases, the total amount of the deposit will be at least $200.00 USD. If you have a prepaid voucher, this amount of the rental is already authorized.

This all confused me but the last sentence stands out. Do I qualify as a prepaid voucher as I have already paid via Thomas Cook? Thus leaving me with no deposit to pay?

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
2 replies to this topic
Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
17,723 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: That ol' Alamo question

I have no idea what part of Florida you are visiting but you should get some help if you post on the Orlando forum because so many people hire cars there.

Edited: 1:40 pm, June 08, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: That ol' Alamo question