We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campgrounds for a seasonal site?

Central PA
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
13 helpful votes
Campgrounds for a seasonal site?

My husband and I love the beach. We've been camping at Treasure Beach for the last 8 years now, but we're thinking of parking it permanently on a seasonal site. Problem is, we can't afford TB. They want 3-4000 a year for a permanent site. I've tried looking at other area campgrounds, but can't find many reviews. Ae're not picky as long as there's a pool and it's around 30 minutes or so to the beaches. I've seen Homestead, G&R, Pine Haven, Pinetree, and Brumbley's listed, but no info on them. Can anyone give me any insight? We'd like to try to have it on a site by next season if possible. thanks so much.

Jen

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
53 reviews
24 helpful votes
1. Re: Campgrounds for a seasonal site?

Check out Holly Lake. It is on Rt 24 with easy access to Rehoboth, Lewes and Cape Henlopen State Park..

Central PA
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
13 helpful votes
2. Re: Campgrounds for a seasonal site?

I stayed at Holly Lake (tenting!) years ago. The sites aren't too nice, even though 2900 is pretty reasonable for a seasonal site at the beach. But you also have to pay for your own electric separately.

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
118 posts
16 reviews
5 helpful votes
3. Re: Campgrounds for a seasonal site?

We checked out nearly every beach campground a few years ago, looking for a seasonal site. We found that they were all pretty bad... old & dilapidated campers, no amenities... with the exception of TB. Have you thought about Cedar Creek Landing in Lincoln? It's now a Jellystone campground and is about 20-30 min from the beach. Not as close as you'd probably like, but it's relatively new and has decent amenities. It's worth a look to see if it fits your budget... I have no idea what they charge.

Central PA
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
13 helpful votes
4. Re: Campgrounds for a seasonal site?

Hi, yes I have looked into that. They are pretty expensive also. But thank you. So far we've narrowed it down to Pine Haven, also in Lincoln, Homestead in Georgetown, and Oak Forest and Shawn's Park, both in Long Neck. the latter 2 don't have pools, but they're all under 3k for a seasonal rate, which is what we're looking for. As long as its a half decent spot to park it, we're not that fussy as far as amenities go.

Dover, Delaware
Level Contributor
401 posts
5. Re: Campgrounds for a seasonal site?

Homestead Campground in is Harbeson, DE, and is very close to Rt. 1. I've heard good things about it. Check out the camping info at the Indian River Inlet Bridge...think its called Delaware Seashore State Park - it's in between Rehoboth/Dewey and Bethany Beach areas. Also, Jellystone is very clean and nice as well....but it's about a 20-30 minute ride to the beach area. Good luck!

Johnstown...
Level Contributor
635 posts
21 reviews
26 helpful votes
6. Re: Campgrounds for a seasonal site?

Have you checked out Big Oaks Family Campground in Rehoboth Beach? I stayed there in a cabin last summer and it's not a bad campground and what's nice about it is it's only 2 1/2 miles to the beach and only about a mile to all the shopping, but yet is in a nice forested area. They do have seasonal sites from May to October and the rate on their site is $3,175.00...I know you said you were looking for something under $3,000.00, but think of the savings you'd make gas wise and convenience wise by not having to travel 20-30 minutes to get to the beach!

http://www.bigoakscamping.com/rates.html

7. Re: Campgrounds for a seasonal site?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, December 16, 2013