We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ct to Jfk

Andover, Connecticut
1 post
Save Topic
Ct to Jfk

I need to find the cheapest way to get to JFK airport. I leave at the end of January. I've considered shuttles, driving there and parking. Also, the train but it seems like the might take a while and could get lost easily. Need all the help I can get! Thanks

Groton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ct to Jfk

Cheapest probably is Metro North but that would be a long journey as you will have to then change to Subway and then a Bus.

Easiest would be a private limo but that would be the costliest.

Pretty much leaves driving and that will not be cheap.

Id compare driving versus a limo. You won't find shuttles from Andover except private car services.

Enfield, Connecticut
Level Contributor
175 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ct to Jfk

I rented a car near Hartfort and drove to JFK and took Amtrak back. It was a challenge getting to Penn Station from the airport. Decided to take a cab and shared the fare with 3 people. In the end they both cost about the same. I snagged a good one way fare for the rental by checking the site every day.

If you take Metro North or Amtrak into the city, I believe there are buses or shuttles that leave directly from Grand Central or Penn Station that will take you to JFK.

Stamford...
Level Contributor
574 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ct to Jfk

you didn't mention where you're leaving from, but depending on that, I'd say shuttle service is the best combination of cost and efficiency.. This one will take you door to door:

http://www.2theairport.com/

If I'm going on a personal trip, I often just park at the airport. It ends up being cheapest most of the time.. Long Term parking is very easy at JFK.

Milford, Connecticut
Level Contributor
168 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ct to Jfk

We just moved to CT (Milford) and would like to take day trips on the weekends to New York (never been). Would you suggest train and where can I find a list of all the stops the train makes in NYC? Thanks You. I am not a seasoned traveler but can see we would like to visit different parts of NYC.

Groton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ct to Jfk

There is a Metro North Station in Milford that has free parking on weekends.

Website for Metro North is www.mta.info (look for the Metro North tab)

Milford, Connecticut
Level Contributor
168 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ct to Jfk

Thanks you. I will check it out.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ct to Jfk

The train station is right off downtown near to the green !

The train takes you to Grand Central Station and from their you can get anywhere. It also makes stops along the coastline towns on its way into New York along with suburban NY stops... SOme stops are only made at certain times and certain trains..

The only other stop near the city is 125th St.--which is Harlem .

Plan to go all the way into the city at Grand Central and make your plans from there until you learn to find your way...don't get stuck in places you don't kow on your first few trips.

8. Re: Ct to Jfk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 20, 2014