We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

European style bakery

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
European style bakery

Are there any european style cake shops and bakeries around the New Haven and Wallingford area?

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: European style bakery

I just wonder --do you want to purchase bakery goods in the European fashion ?---Or ---are you looking to have coffee " and " in the European fashion of patesserie shops.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
237 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: European style bakery

I don't know about a European-style bakery in New Haven, but there's a French bakery in Fairfield -- Isabel et Vincent -- that's been featured as one of the best by Connecticut Magazine. I haven't been there myself, but it's on my list.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
237 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: European style bakery

I don't know about a European-style bakery in New Haven, but there's a French bakery in Fairfield -- Isabel et Vincent -- that's been featured as one of the best by Connecticut Magazine. I haven't been there myself, but it's on my list.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: European style bakery

I have been to this Bakery.

Very French---as she IS FRENCH !!

But though there are a few tables and chairs...I would not call the eating area very comfortable or European.

However the foods certainly are........thats why I asked if the desire was for the foods or the ambiance !

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: European style bakery

Thanks for your input. Sorry I actually forgot I posted a question. It was to buy a birthday cake. I will check out Isabel e Vincent. I did find a chocolate shop that sells cakes on high st next to Ibiza restaurant. Thanks again

Oakville
Level Contributor
7 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: European style bakery

Try the International Bakery at 998 Baldwin St., Waterbury, CT. Great Portuguese bakery breads and pastries.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,122 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: European style bakery

Marjolaine Pastry Shop in New Haven... brioche, pastry, croissants, cookies, cakes, tarts, pies and more... THE BEST!!!

http://marjolainepastry.com/

8. Re: European style bakery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 09, 2014