We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot Air Ballooning in Central CT

New York
Level Contributor
16 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Hot Air Ballooning in Central CT

Hey Tripadvisors,

My husband and I are going to CT for a long weekend to celebrate our anniversary. We're very interested in doing a hot air balloon ride but I am having a hard time finding reviews for the various companies anywhere. I've contacted about 12 different companies to see if our date is available and so far there are two different companies with our date that we're interested in but we have no way to compare reviews as I can't find any. The two companies are:

CT Ballooning (ctballooning.com)

Adventure Balloon (adventureballoon.com)

Hartford...
Level Contributor
90 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot Air Ballooning in Central CT

Hi,

We'd wondered which company you'd ended up choosing-we are planning a ride, too and need some feedback.

Thanks!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
122 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot Air Ballooning in Central CT

A few years ago I signed up with a company (sorry can't remember it's name) for hot air balloon ride on the weekend of my husband's birthday (end of September). Unfortunately, the weather wasn't right and they wouldn't fly. We then booked another weekend, and they couldn't fly then either. So be prepared, the conditions often aren't safe for flying.

We never signed up again, but I do want to try it someday.

Good luck.

Wilton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
8 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hot Air Ballooning in Central CT

We had a great experience with Aer Blarney http://www.aerblarney.com/. We went out with them (with our family of four - 2 adults, 2 children), summer 2013.

4. Re: Hot Air Ballooning in Central CT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 11, 2014