We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oct 21-23 weekend ideas

NYC Metro
Level Contributor
129 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Oct 21-23 weekend ideas

Hi, we visit CO 3 long weekends a year. When not in Den/Boulder, we typically snowboard in Summit Cty or visit RMNP and love it.

Just need some ideas of new places to explore when we arrive 9AM Friday the 21st and don't need to be back in Den until Sun evening. We enjoy hiking, kayaking, wildlife and hope to spend 1 night in a yurt/cabin. Any ideas would be appreciated.

NYC Metro
Level Contributor
129 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oct 21-23 weekend ideas

Was this a tall order?

Sammamish...
Level Contributor
6,747 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oct 21-23 weekend ideas

Too early to ski or board. Weather is completely unpredictable that time of year. I guess you're waiting somewhere different than RMNP. How about heading out to the Buena Vista/Leadville area? Not too far from Denver and absolutely gorgeous. IDK about kayaking, though. Streams are low this time of year. Hiking should be possible if the weather cooperates.

NYC Metro
Level Contributor
129 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oct 21-23 weekend ideas

No interest in snow sports this time of year, just looking for suggestions of somewhere new to visit. I will check out where you recommended as I had thought about going to Aspen area for Maroon Bells if worth it this time of year.

Would it be too much to drive to Garden of the Gods Friday AM and then head to Aspen via Buena Vista and Leadville? Then do Maroon Bells & Independence Pass on Saturday?

4. Re: Oct 21-23 weekend ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, October 07, 2017