I previously posted and plans are starting to come together, but I need some help. So here's my situation. I am coming to Colorado April 9 (late arrival)-15, and I have a conference the 11-12 in Denver. When we arrive, we will drive straight to ?? somewhere for a day (I was thinking Colorado springs), stay there for the night and day, and then head back to Denver that evening. Then head to next location (Breckenridge??) the 12th in the evening, Maybe ski 13 and 14, and... I don't know what the 15th.
- Can I do (driving or hiking) Pike's Peak and God's Garden in one day? I'd love to hike it! How long would that take, at least one way?
- What is a good place to stay around Pike's peak? Do people usually stay in colorado springs?
- Any rafting happening in April? Kayaking? Would love to do that on our last day!
- Barring that, suggestions for a last day other than shopping? I did see a suggestion to go to Frisco. We'll have a car, so could go 1-2 hours out without a problem. If we're not skiing, would it be worth it to make a day trip to vail?
- Since my schedule has to be split into a one day and a three day trip, would you actually Switch around and do a day for Breckenridge at the beginning and three days in and around colorado springs in the end? Any other recommendations for how to plan this better.
I really appreciate all the suggestions from all of you. Thanks so much for the time!!