We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary possible?

Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Itinerary possible?

Hey I will be coming to Colorado for one week the end of September and just wanted to see if this itinerary was doable. Also any suggestions of stuff to do in any of the areas. I'm looking to do some hikes and see beautiful scenery. Day 1: land in Denver 7 am pick up rental car drive to ouray checking out black canyon on the way. Day 2: hike or try and rent atv in ouray. Day 3: drive to Moab check out canyonlands in the afternoon. Day 4: arches stay in Moab. Day 5: drive to breckenridge no plans for there maybe hike or just relax. Day 6: drive to Estes park via trail ridge rd stay there and go for short hike that afternoon. Day 7: hike in rmnp. Day 8: return to Denver for 3pm flight. I know there is kind of alot of driving involved but I enjoy that. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Denver, Colorado USA
Level Contributor
151 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary possible?

It's physically doable mainly because you said you like driving.

Personally, that trip would not be doable for me. I'd rather stay longer in one or two places.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
11,373 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary possible?

Doable since you like driving but not recommended since you also want to do some hiking and an ATV ride. Since you are taking the time to drive to Ouray/SW Colorado, I think I'd skip something, probably skip Breckenridge this trip and add a day in Ouray or Telluride or a day in Moab.

Ouray, Colorado
Level Contributor
629 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary possible?

So, DIA to Ouray is 6 hours or so. And, that is without a detour at the Black Canyon. Ouray to Moab is about 3 hours, Moab to Breck would be about 5 hours, and Breck to RMNP

I think on this trip, I might skip Breck too, as suggested by MissP. Add that day in Ouray or Moab depending on whether you like mountains or deserts better (or keep it flexible and see what the weather is).

4. Re: Itinerary possible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, October 11, 2012