We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Farmers Market

Lincoln, Nebraska
9 posts
Save Topic
Farmers Market

We are leaving Winter Park heading towards Nebraska, looking for advice on farmers markets open on Sundays, not too far off the interstate. Please advise, really need some peaches :)

Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Lake Mead Luxury...
378 Reviews
from $299.99*
$399.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam Helicopter...
613 Reviews
from $369.99*
$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Flight, Colorado...
129 Reviews
from $475.99*
$499.00
Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
7,453 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Farmers Market

Sorry to say that peaches aren't grown in the areas you will be driving through so if you see them at a farmer's market they were brought in from where I live and are not a local product. Peaches are grown on the Western Slope, primarily in the Palisade/Grand Junction area.

Here is a list of the Colorado Farmer's Market Assoc. markets. Hope one of them matches up with your travels.

http://www.coloradofarmers.org/marketfind.htm

Ouray, Colorado
Level Contributor
629 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Farmers Market

I think this one in Denver is one of the best...

www.oldsouthpearlstreet.com/events.html#fm

It happens on Sundays through October from 9am - 1pm.

Look to be at about 1200 South Pearl and you can mapquest it. But, quick instructions are:

I-70 west

South on I-25

Get off at Louisiana Exit

Turn Right on Louisiana and head 2 blocks or so west (toward the mountains) to south pearl. Find a parking place :-)

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
7,453 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Farmers Market

I love South Pearl St. - great little community and some really fine restaurants. Thanks for the link - looks like they have peaches.

4. Re: Farmers Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, October 07, 2012