We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st trip to Denver with a 1 year old- want to see snow

Miami
Level Contributor
28 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
1st trip to Denver with a 1 year old- want to see snow

Hello all! I am going to Denver with my husband and 11.5 months old baby. We will be there for a week, but really only have 4 full days for vacation and the rest is business. I'm really hoping to see snow and have my son play in the snow since none of us have ever seen it or been in it. We hope to see some sceneic places too. I guess I have to go into the mountains? Where? I'm looking for suggestions for the snow and everything else always keeping in mind I have a small child with me.

Thank you!

Thank you!

5 replies to this topic
Naalehu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
908 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st trip to Denver with a 1 year old- want to see snow

When?

Will you be renting a car?

Do you have a lot of warm clothes for your son?

Colorado
Level Contributor
12,845 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st trip to Denver with a 1 year old- want to see snow

Here is your post from November 11 with advice: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g33388…

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
12,740 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st trip to Denver with a 1 year old- want to see snow

With such unseasonably warm weather lately, there is no snow in Estes Park and little snow in easily accessible areas of Rocky Mountain National Park. The SNOTEL measuring station as of last night reported 10 inches on the ground at RMNP Bear Lake. Rangers posted a photo from 11/22 at the Hidden Valley sledding and snow play area commenting that sledding conditions were poor. You can see the grass showing through the snow in the photo. Depending on how windy it has been, there may be snow on Trail Ridge Road beyond the road closure gates at Many Parks Curve. When the gate is closed, the road is open to pedestrians. There is probably snow in the Longs Peak Trailhead area.

Colorado
Level Contributor
12,845 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st trip to Denver with a 1 year old- want to see snow

The other post said "the free time for fun will be the last weekend of November". They must be here now so hopefully they read the advice in that other post.

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
12,740 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st trip to Denver with a 1 year old- want to see snow

Yes, I saw the timing of their trip based on their other post. That is why I was updating the conditions in Estes Park and RMNP since that was suggested in reply #1 on their other post. Hopefully, they followed your advice about Keystone Resort on that post.

Reply to: 1st trip to Denver with a 1 year old- want to see snow
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted