We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 Days to visit california on May 2014, few q's (:

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
8 Days to visit california on May 2014, few q's (:

My boyfriend and I plan to visit from April 30th to May 7th and narrowed our visit to Los Angeles (where we will be flying into from Miami) and San Francisco. We are not sure if where we are departing from yet... We will be spending four days in each city and plan to take bus from one to another, and public transportation through the cities.

We were wondering what would be the most adequate area to look for hotels in LA as well as San Fran? We would like to be relatively close to the tourists attractions, we are both 21 so would love to go out to a club or lunge at least one night and visit restaurants and events the other nights.

Please give me any suggestions I will appreciate it

Beau Wine Tours
Taxis & Shuttles, Wine Tours & Tastings , Private Tours
Napa Valley Wine Country Tours
Flex Wine Tours
Taxis & Shuttles, Food Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Private Tours
Napa Your Way
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
28,041 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 Days to visit california on May 2014, few q's (:

Were you not satisfied with the previous responses on your earlier thread?

tripadvisor.ca/…48158528

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,774 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 Days to visit california on May 2014, few q's (:

That thread does have a lot of useful info. Also, I would suggest posting your question in the LOS ANGELES Forum (you and I are in the CALIFORNIA Forum.

Good luck!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 Days to visit california on May 2014, few q's (:

If at all possible, fly between LA and SF, do not take a bus, which will use most of one day. flying should take less than half a day, all told, as the flight is only about an hour (plus time to go to/from the airport, go through security, etc.), whereas most buses are going to take at least 7 or 8 hours, plus time to / from the bus station.

Check www.southwest.com and www.kayak.com for cheap flights. Consider using the smaller, alternate airports in each area rather than the big, major airports of LAX and SFO - in the LA area, depending on where you stay BUR would work - much smaller, quicker to get in and out of than LAX and closer to places like Hollywood than LAX is. In San Francisco area, consider OAK.

4. Re: 8 Days to visit california on May 2014, few q's (:

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 21, 2015