We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dc --> la --> vegas

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
dc --> la --> vegas

Hey guys,

I will be flying from DC to LA then driving from LA to vegas (then back to DC).

This trip in TOTAL will be: 10 days.

We are two 22 year olds looking to have loads of fun - parties, restaurants, museums, anything!

If you guys could give us an idea of what to do, where to stay, and how long to stay in each of the places that would be great!

Thanks

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,165 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dc --> la --> vegas

So, you want to spend some time in LA and you want to spend some time in Vegas and you have 10 days? So two of those will be taken up in flying. One of those will be taken up driving to Vegas from LA. I am assuming you are flying back to DC from Las Vegas? Otherwise add a day for the return drive from Las Vegas to LA.

So out of 10 days, you have, roughly 6 days left.

Now. What do you want to see and do in LA? We cannot possibly put out a list for you because the territory is so vast and the possibilities endless.

Suggest you go to the LA forum and read the Top Questions on the right of the screen. In ADDITION to getting and reading a guide to LA.

Las Vegas is self explanatory unless you plan to take a side trip to the Grand Canyon or something, which will require more time and planning.

We cannot possibly help lan a trip like this for you on what to do and where to stay without more specific input from you.

Start with.....what do you hope to get from this trip?

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: dc --> la --> vegas

I'm a college student in my last year in an American college (im an international student). I want to party, go to amazing restaurants and visit some museums.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dc --> la --> vegas

Hope you are not driving back from Las Vegas to DC. 10 days really will be very short then. Avoid Las Vegas in the weekend. Will be much more expensive then for lodging so don't drive between LA and LV on a friday afternoon.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dc --> la --> vegas

You should post directly in the LA and Las Vegas forums for advice on what to see and do in those cities. Give people an idea of your hotel budget and what sorts of things interest you so you can get the best answers quickly. I think you'd do well to split the time 50/50 between LA and Vegas, based on what it sounds like you are interested in.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,525 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dc --> la --> vegas

I realize as a student you have to read and do research but here again the same advise applies. Do some research here on the Los Angeles forum, look at la weekly, read online guides, come up with a shortlist of what YOU want to do so you can have a great vacation. Yelp can help with bars and restaurants

So many bars in the downtown LA area, places to hang out in Santa Monica, so much to do and see at LACMA, Getty, and other museums

6. Re: dc --> la --> vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 30, 2014