We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LA to Seattle Road Trip in May/June

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
LA to Seattle Road Trip in May/June

Hi All

A friend and I are planning a road trip from LA to Seattle at the end of May this year....I've estimated hotels along the way (over a 3 week period) and they are coming in at around €1000 each....we're staying with a friend for the first 5 days in LA which will be rent free :) as we are trying to do this on a budget, I then resorted to looking into camping options....has anyone camped along the LA to Seattle route and if so, any tips or suggestions?

I know we'll need a car in LA, my friends apartment is in West Hollywood....does anyone know or have any suggestions regarding parking?

Thanks all!

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,559 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LA to Seattle Road Trip in May/June

For questions about LA, it's best to ask in that forum.

There is plenty of camping options between LA and Seattle along the coast. All three states have state park campgrounds and there are a few federal ones too. Most of the state parks require reservations since they fill up during the warm season of May to November.

If you drive the inland route up the Cascades, there are many more camping options in the national forests. Many of these are much easier to just drive in and pick a site especially in May. So, decide what route you want to take and then search for campgrounds along the way. You can use google maps to help you find campgrounds in any part of California, Oregon, and Washington.

There's also a road trips forum that can help you with questions about routing:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_Tri…

2. Re: LA to Seattle Road Trip in May/June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 25, 2014