We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in San Diego, CA

Novi, Michigan
3 posts
Save Topic
One day in San Diego, CA

My family and I will be in CA primarily for a family wedding/Disney but we will have one day in San Diego before we leave. Wondering which attraction we should visit: San Diego Zoo or Sea World? Reason? The ages of the children attending are 4.5 years, 3 years, 2 years old, and a 4 month old. Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
San Diego
San Diego
California
San Diego Zoo
San Diego Zoo
24,165 Reviews
San Diego, CA
SeaWorld
SeaWorld
9,090 Reviews
San Diego, CA
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
68,686 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day in San Diego, CA

Hi Tina, and welcome to TripAdvisor forums.

I recommend that you look at the San Diego page (full website, not the TA app.) On the right side of that San Diego page you'll see a section called Top Questions. It will have info to help you.

It usually helps folks if you post dates of travel as well.

Personally, I wouldn't visit either attraction with kids so young.

Mentioned in this post
San Diego
San Diego
California
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day in San Diego, CA

I like the SeaWorld option, they have a Sesame Street themed area and a few kid rides. Plus kids have the chance to actually touch some animals. Even if you don't attend any of the shows, or do any of the big rides, it can be a fun day.

https:/…

And here is a good overall tourist guide to help give you a feel of the city, and waht specific questions you want to ask in the San Diego Forum.

www.sandiego.org

Mentioned in this post
SeaWorld
SeaWorld
9,090 Reviews
San Diego, CA
San Diego
San Diego
California
Novi, Michigan
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: One day in San Diego, CA

We will be in San Diego April 24th and leaving for home early on the 25th 😊

Mentioned in this post
San Diego
San Diego
California
Novi, Michigan
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: One day in San Diego, CA

Thank you!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
66,328 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One day in San Diego, CA

Well I don't think you need to go to any of those attractions if the parents are not interested in them. San Diego has lots to see/do that won't cost a lot of money .

IF you want to go to one then I'd always suggest the zoo because in addition to being able to touch animals there you can see them in their natural setting.

The zoo is also located inside Balboa Park which is a lovely place to stroll with different gardens and outdoor entertainers . There are playgrounds for the little ones and near the zoo is a carousel and a little train ride.

To me a visit to San Diego is also a time to see the beauty of our city which you will not see from Sea World.

Edited: 9:26 am, February 01, 2017
Mentioned in this post
San Diego
San Diego
California
Balboa Park
Balboa Park
10,883 Reviews
San Diego, CA
SeaWorld
SeaWorld
9,090 Reviews
San Diego, CA
6. Re: One day in San Diego, CA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 03, 2018