We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt. Magazine/Paris area with a group of 22.

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
78 posts
81 reviews
Mt. Magazine/Paris area with a group of 22.

We have a large group coming to the Paris/Mt. Magazine area over July 4th. We rented a large cabin in the area (not in the park). We have a mix of folks from 18 months to 70 years old (though she can hike and walk like all the young folks). 12 adults and 10 kids. We are mainly there to spend time together (we're extended family). We are driving from OK (about 4 hours away). What should we do in the area? I assume we will go up to Mt. Magazine for a day. I would like to get on the water - which would be better Cove Lake Recreation are or Blue Mountain lake? We don't have a boat, but would like to swim or maybe rent a boat (or two). Kayaks would be awesome (maybe even a day float trip). We also thought about renting ATVs. I would like to keep things within an hour or so. We will be there from July 2 to July 5 (three nights). We are fairly outdoorsy, though the heat might get the best of us (and we have a pregnant mom and an 18 month old who might split from the group for some activities). Thanks in advance - you guys totally rock for taking your time to help me plan our trip!

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
78 posts
81 reviews
1. Re: Mt. Magazine/Paris area with a group of 22.

far we are planning to see the fireworks in Booneville, hike at Mt. Magazine, swim at Blue Mountain and Cove Lake. Any other suggestions? I would love to hit a farmers market in the area, but we don't get in until around 1:00 on Saturday. Which means we might miss any markets in the area. I'd love to hear other suggestions. Any festivals or events in the area?

Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
45 reviews
2. Re: Mt. Magazine/Paris area with a group of 22.

Just north of Paris is Altus AR -- home of 4 wineries, the largest is Wiederkehr. The wineries have tours and tastings. Cowie Winery is in Paris. There is a festival on the 2nd in Ozark AR, also north of Paris -- live music, parade, cardboard boat race, and fireworks. The Paris farmers market is on Saturday mornings so I think you missed out on that.

This link might help in finding out about area attractions:

arkansas.com/attractions/attractions-in.aspx…

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,923 posts
911 reviews
3. Re: Mt. Magazine/Paris area with a group of 22.

Wondering if your trip was a success & which attractions you chose?

4. Re: Mt. Magazine/Paris area with a group of 22.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 18, 2017