We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Break in Arkansas with six year old

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Spring Break in Arkansas with six year old

We would like to spend a week in Arkansas during spring break. During all of my reasearch I have become overwhelmed with all of the choices. I need some suggestions from the locals on where to go with a six year old boy. We aren't into hiking or zip lines. I'm afraid it might be a little chilly for camping. I'm not sure about the weather in March. I don't think my son would be interested in the bath houses. I know he doesn't have any interest in shopping. :) We will be driving from Houston, TX. I think the mountains would be nice, but I just don't know where to go or what to do. We would like to see as much as we can while we are there for a week. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,329 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spring Break in Arkansas with six year old

Little Rock:

Discovery Museum. Perfect for 6 year old. museumofdiscovery.org

Little Rock Zoo. Not the greatest in US but fun for kids www.littlerockzoo.com

Big Dam Bridge. Longest pedestrian bridge ever built. Kids love it. www.bigdambridge.com

Arkansas Childrens Theater www.arkarts.com

Hot Springs:

Mid America Museum www.midamericamuseum.org Perfect museum for 6 year old. You will like it also.

Garvan Gardens www.garvangardens.org Kids love running the paths through beautiful gardens

Crystal Mining www.colemanquartz.com much fun for kids. Take old clothes.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spring Break in Arkansas with six year old

Thank you so much. I appreciate it. This helps me get started with the intenerary.

3. Re: Spring Break in Arkansas with six year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, January 31, 2015