We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mississippi river travel

ohio
3 posts
Save Topic
Mississippi river travel

I am looking for information on how to put in a small boat along the Mississippi River in North East Arkansas

For my father's 90 birthday his wish has always been to travel the Mississippi River.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mississippi river travel

Could you possibly clarify whether you are looking for a small boat to rent or are you looking for a ramp to put in your own small boat on the Mississippi?

Though this is not what you asked, I would like to mention the very nice Mississippi River museum at Mud Island in downtown Memphis. They also offer some small unmotorized boats. www.mudisland.com

Also another idea, again not what you asked, is traveling the river on a cruise ship such as those available in Memphis:

http://www.memphisriverboats.net/cruises.html

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mississippi river travel

Eric at the Osceola Arkansas Chamber of Commerce can refer you to boat rental vendors along the Mississippi in NE Arkansas, if that is what you are looking for. Here is his address:

osceolachamber@sbcglobal.net

ohio
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mississippi river travel

We have a small boat so I guess we are looking for ramps.

thx

Marie

ohio
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mississippi river travel

Where is that? We need ramps, as we have a boat.

Thx so much

marielydia

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mississippi river travel

Here is the reply from the chamber of Commerce at the NE Arkansas town of Osceola. "We have a modern boat ramp into the Mississippi River at the Sans Soucci City Park about 5 miles south of Osceola plus the Osceola River Port. If the Visitor wants to launch his boat themselves, I’d suggest the ramp at Sans Soucci. Let me know if you need any thing else."

6. Re: Mississippi river travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 09, 2010