We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buffalo Point Campground

Germantown , TN
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Buffalo Point Campground

Can anyone recommend the best spot to reserve at the Buffalo Point Campground? One with a view of the river....also....can you get cell service and do the showers have hot water?

Thanks for your input!!!

Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buffalo Point Campground

Haven't been to the campground myself, but found a couple of sites that have maps. The first one is an overview, the second has a few more details. quiltingpathways.com/arkansas/buffalo-point.… and www.uuclr.org/buffalo/Images/buffalomap3.jpg

Looking at the map, I'd stay away from the D loop as it looks furthest from the river. A and B are nearest the boat ramp. B is next to the pavillion and info station. C loop is nearest the river access trails, with E second nearest the trails. So long as the view isn't blocked by those pesky trees ;-) I'd say any of A, B, C or E on the loop parts closest to the river should have fine views. Since that part of the Buffalo area is extremely scenic, unless you're outright in the woods, I think it would be difficult to get a bad view.

I have yet to have a place in the state I can't get cell service. Even down in the valley nearest the waterfall at Petit Jean State Park has reception. Can't swear, of course, about Buffalo Point, since I haven't been there. Hopefully, someone will come along with more personal info.

I saw mention of the showers near the group camping area having hot water. So, maybe the others do as well.

Hope this at least gives you a point in the right direction.

Definitely get your reservation in as soon as possible. Now thru Labor Day will be pretty busy in that area, especially on weekends.

Have a good trip.

While you're in that area, if you're into hiking, I highly recommend the hike to Hawksbill Crag. Not a difficult hike at all, and the view is just beautiful. harrisonarkansas.org/hikingtrails_hawksbillc…

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buffalo Point Campground

I've been at Buffalo Point dozens of times to put in or take out but never camped there. I emailed Wild Bill's, a reliable outfitter and here is his reply:

Some of the sites in A loop nearest the river have a river view and some of

the sites nearest the river in B loop have a river view

Cell phones don't work, there is a pay phone at the lower Ranger Station.

They have hot showers during the summer months

3. Re: Buffalo Point Campground

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:45 am, December 01, 2009