We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Modified Grand Circle in 8 nights???

Virginia
Level Contributor
283 posts
439 reviews
Save Topic
Modified Grand Circle in 8 nights???

I have read a lot of posts but still don't have a feel if my planning will stretch us to thin. We will be traveling in the end of May and flying to Vegas (our jumping off point) with the main goal of seeing the Grand Canyon and the Hoover Dam on the return trip. Is this iteneriary workable? Should we skip something like Bryce and add Sedona?

Sat- fly into Vegas and Drive to Zion (night1)

Sun- Zion (night 2)

Mon- Zion/ drive to Bryce Canyon (night 1)

Tues- Bryce/ drive to Page (night 1)

Wed- Page (night 2)

Thurs- Early drive to Grand Canyon South Rim (night1)

Fri - Grand Canyon (night 2)

Sat - Return to Vegas via Hoover Dam

Sun - fly home

In addition, I would really appreciate any suggestions on where to stay...we like 2 have at least 2 bedrooms as we are traveling with our 10 and 16 year old sons, so any ideas (like Debbie's Hideaway in Page) are very welcome. We are also open to staying in the parks themselves as we have done that at both Yellowstone and Teton.

I really appreciate your help!

Mentioned in this post
Hoover Dam
Hoover Dam
7,951 Reviews
Boulder City, NV
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona
Grand Canyon South Rim
Grand Canyon South Rim
20,414 Reviews
Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
63,908 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Modified Grand Circle in 8 nights???

Good plan. Best lodging if you can get it will be in Springdale for Zion. Cliff rose lodge has 2 BR suites. At Bryce, try to get a cabin at the park lodge. Might be tough. They book a year in advance. Otherwise choose adjoining rooms at Rubys Inn. Debbie's at Page, or any of the other converted apartment motels on that block will work. Old buildings. Keep your expectations low. At Grand Canyon National Park, look for two rooms at Maswick or Yavapai. Most other larger suites book a full year in advance. Call Xanterra for advice. 888-297-2757.

Your plan is doable. You'll touch the bases, but you'll probably want to return for more quality time.

Mentioned in this post
Yavapai Lodge
Yavapai Lodge
2,910 Reviews
Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
Virginia
Level Contributor
283 posts
439 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Modified Grand Circle in 8 nights???

opps! I forgot to say that I am planning far in advance...shooting for May 2015...so hopefully I can get the suites, if I know what to ask for and when!

Thanks for your help!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
63,908 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Modified Grand Circle in 8 nights???

For Xanterra, you need to call on May 1st 2014 to book for May 2015. Forever resorts runs the Bryce Canyon lodge, you might want to call them right now.

4. Re: Modified Grand Circle in 8 nights???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 11, 2015