We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swimming in october

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
swimming in october

Is it worth getting hotel with a pool in October (7th - 14th) in Zion, Bryce or Page. We both love a dip and always go for hotels with a pool but if the weather won't allow it may not be worth the extra expense, and what about Sedona around 16th 17th October. Thanks

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,221 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: swimming in october

You're coming at the time of year when hotel pools get less use and proprietors start to shut them down for the winter. If the pools are heated and the weather stays warm enough, you might want to take a dip. I wouldn't make it a priority.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: swimming in october

Thanks RedRox I will book rooms with no pool which will help the budget to get rooms inside GC and MV money better spent this way I think

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,284 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: swimming in october

Yes, if you're going to the GC, definitely try to book a room inside the park!! The advantages of being at one of the park lodges far outweighs having a pool. Also, book your rooms ASAP - October is an extremely popular month at all of the areas you're visiting. At the GC, if there are no rooms available, keep calling Xanterra to see if there have been any cancellations. (Don't rely on just the website.) Read the Top Questions on the GC forum for more info.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
7,245 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: swimming in october

We stayed at Cable Mountain Lodge in Springdale in early November and we really appreciated the hot tub after a very cold Narrows hike. When I was booking hotels, many places noted that their hot tubs were open year-round; it's what made me decide to stay in Springdale instead of the lodge in the park.

I would definitely stay in the park at the Grand Canyon and Bryce, regardless of amenities.

5. Re: swimming in october

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:31 am, September 04, 2014