We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Arizona!

Level Contributor
71 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling to Arizona!

Hi! This will be my first trip to Arizona and I wanted to get some information about setting up my trip. First, I thought I would stay in scottsdale, then work my way to Sedona and last, Grand Canyon.

Arrive in Phoenix in Thursday, stay in Scottsdale

Leave Scottsdale on Saturday, drive to Sedona

Stay in Sedona starting Saturday. Drive to GC on Sunday. Spend the entire day there.

Monday- Sedona

Tuesday - drive back to Phoenix for flight.

I'm trying to give myself enough time with each location. Also, I wanted to stay in Sedona while traveling to the GC since its a couple hrs away from Phoenix and GC.

If anyone has any recommendations, I would appreciate it.

Also, any places to stay in Scottsdale and Sedona. The only thing I want is scenery for my hotels.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,826 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to Arizona!

If you are more interested in scenery than the things big cities have to offer, I would suggest more time in Sedona and less in Phoenix / Scottsdale.

Drive to Sedona on Friday

Spend Friday through Sunday in Sedona

Day trip to GC on Monday, back to Sedona for the night

Tuesday to Phoenix for your flight

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,022 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to Arizona!

Ditto Mike.

When is this trip?

Level Contributor
71 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling to Arizona!

It's going to be in June. The only thing is my birthday is going to be on a Sunday and I wanted to go to the Grand Canyon that day. Not set in stone, but I'm sure the Sedona will be just as wonderful for my birthday.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,826 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling to Arizona!

I only suggested Monday because it might be a little less crowded. But during the Summer, the day of the week will not make much difference.

For your birthday, staying the night at the GC, with wine along the rim at sunset and dinner at El Tovar, would be pretty special. Try for reservations there and keep trying if nothing is available right now. There are always cancellations.

Level Contributor
71 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling to Arizona!

This is going to be a solo trip as well, do I'm sure that I'll meet other travelers along the way. Also, I've become very new age / spiritual lately so I was told Sedona was a "must go" for me.

Wickenburg, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Wickenburg
Level Contributor
2,741 posts
751 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling to Arizona!

I strongly suggest you spend one night at the GC! it's a special experience, you get to view sunset and sunrise at the rim. and more time to explore along the rim and see the various viewpoints.

7. Re: Traveling to Arizona!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 30, 2014