We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do with an extra day

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
146 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
What to do with an extra day

Hello! We will be visiting in early April and have an extra day that I am trying to decide what to do with. We will already have seen Sedona, GC and Page. We will be leaving Page after lunch on Tuesday and will have that afternoon and the following day free. We need to be in Phoenix by Wednesday night. We could also extend our day in Page and stay there 2 full days instead of 1.5 and leave Wednesday morning and have the day to get back to Phoenix. What else could I add to Page? We are already doing Horseshoe bend and upper and lower canyon.

We enjoy hiking, exploring towns or were possibly thinking of trying to find a 'western' activity place. I was thinking of spending the day in either Flagstaff, Scottsdale or Phoenix. I'm open to all suggestions! Thanks!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do with an extra day

Have you considered a boattrip on Lake Powell? Or do www.raftthecanyon.com ? That said, a relaxing day in Scottsdale looks appealing to me as well. A night in Flagstaff won's be bad either. You can visit places like Wupatki and Sunset Crater Volcano NMs and also Walnut Canyon and in Flag you'll find Museum of Northern Arizona and Lowells Observatory.

Tet

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
146 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do with an extra day

Thanks for the help! I thought about Lake Powell but wasn't sure if it would be too cold during the 1st week of April.

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do with an extra day

Consider a trip to Monument Valley. Only hours from Page and well worth the time. It's on the way back to your destination . You can also do Wupatki/Sunset Crater Park on this route.

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do with an extra day

Check out Cameron Trading Post and Lodge. Native owned and operated. Excellent food and the TP or Garden is a great place to enjoy before hitting the road again. Wupatki/SSC Park is between CTP and Flagstaff.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do with an extra day

Monument Valley is a good suggestion. It's 2.5 hours between Page and Monument Valley Tribal Park. You'll lose one hour for timedifference. You'll gain that hour on the way back to Phx. Make a reservation at The View or Goulding's Lodge.

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do with an extra day

Spend the day in Phoenix, Tempe, and/or Scottsdale. Plenty of hiking to be had in the city. Weather should be gorgeous.

7. Re: What to do with an extra day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 21, 2014