We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation advise for Zion Park

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation advise for Zion Park

Hi,

We are coming to Vegas in October, then driving to Grand Canyon (overnight stay at the South rim as per recommendations). We were going to drive back to Vegas but have decided to go to Zion Park and stay the night somewhere. Then to Vegas via Valley of Fire. Any recommendaions where to stay? We are a family with 2 kids 10 and 11

Many thanks

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,120 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation advise for Zion Park

It will take most of a day to drive from GCNP to Zion. Are you just going to stay one night? Personally, I don't think that's enough time. And I certainly don't think it matters where you sleep for a single night.

That said, our favorite place to stay in Springdale is Desert Pearl.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation advise for Zion Park

Hi RedSox,

2 weeks ago we were just going to do an overnight stay in Vegas (as going to LA for a week)! I didnt even know the Grand Canyon was near Vegas (yes pathetic I know). A few days ago we decided to do a day trip flight to Grand Canyon, that then turned into an overnight stay, now we have squeezed in one more night to spend in the general area. So I am sad to say we just cannot do another night.

Thanks for the advice :)

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
16,493 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation advise for Zion Park

Yes. Stay in Springdale. The hotels range from high to low as far as price and amenities but I don't know that any are to be avoided.

As far as actually doing the grand canyon and Zions in a two day trip from LV I think you should rethink that. If you now have two nights consider a second one at the Grand canyon. Your kids will not appreciate spending two days sitting in a car to look at some scenery for a couple hours. There is plenty to keep you busy at the Grand Canyon for two days.

And I say this as someone who loves Zions. Especially with kids don't try to fit in too much.

Edited: 11:49 am, January 08, 2013
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
8,263 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation advise for Zion Park

I agree with Kbec. If you only have two nights, then spend them both at either the Grand Canyon or Zion. You won't do either park justice with only one night and, frankly, they're not really "in the general area", they're a 250-mile drive apart.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation advise for Zion Park

Great thanks very much for your advice

conn
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation advise for Zion Park

Zion is an easy day trip from LV. if you just want to get a taste of Zion you could be back in LV in time to catch a late show and dinner. that would give you two night at the Grand Canyon.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
8,263 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation advise for Zion Park

Not sure I'd describe a daytrip to Zion with two kids as "easy" but I would definitely say that it would be worth giving up a day in Las Vegas to spend the night there. I see nothing wrong with taking kids to Las Vegas (I've taken mine) but it would be nowhere near my top places to see in the U.S. Zion's a much better choice, imo.

8. Re: Accommodation advise for Zion Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 10, 2014