We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GCNP, Seligman and Sedona in 2 days - ideas?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
64 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
GCNP, Seligman and Sedona in 2 days - ideas?

Hello all, I'm really excited about my upcoming trip to Arizona. Doing Scottsdale and Phoenix on Friday, I'm headed North Sat. morning.

I have a prepaid reservation at the Best Western in Tuyasan for 1 night on Saturday.

My original plan was to spend all Saturday at GCNP and Sunday at Sedona and surrounding areas.

However, I've just discovered this small town I would really like to visit with my son, Route 66, "Cars" type of place, which is Seligman, so my plan will need to be altered a bit.

What do you guys suggest? Should I go straight to the GCNP from Phoenix, spend the whole day there and then on Sunday morning head to Seligman, spend a few hours there and do Sedona after lunch? (I need to be back in Phoenix by 9 PM)

Or should I visit Seligman on Saturday morning, spend a few hours and then go to the GCNP and devote the entire Sunday to Sedona?

Any recommendations (or additional quick stops along the ways) will be greatly appreciated!!

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,586 Reviews
from $399.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon 45-Minute Helicopter...
512 Reviews
from $276.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,063 Reviews
from $142.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
390 Reviews
from $499.99*
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
62,192 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GCNP, Seligman and Sedona in 2 days - ideas?

Skip Seligman. It's too far out of the way and your time is too short. Stop in Williams instead. You'll find some of the same RT66 nostalgia there.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GCNP, Seligman and Sedona in 2 days - ideas?

Williams to Seligman takes 45 minutes and 45 minutes back of course. Plus the visit.

Wickenburg, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Wickenburg
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
832 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GCNP, Seligman and Sedona in 2 days - ideas?

Your time is very limited as it is. I'd also suggest you go straight north to the GC - except if there's something in PHX you feel you definitely MUST see or do. For Williams rather than Seligman, get off the freeway/highway and drive into the old center.

Make sure you get to spend roughly 24 hours at the GC! Try to be at the rim for either sunrise or sunset, it's a special experience (except under total cloud cover).

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
4. Re: GCNP, Seligman and Sedona in 2 days - ideas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, November 22, 2013