We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want private jacuzzi room, flexible on location

Arizona
Level Contributor
131 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Want private jacuzzi room, flexible on location

My husband and I live in AZ, and love it here. We are feeling the need to get away, and live in Northern AZ, we would love to get away for a weekend together and find a place that has a jacuzzi either in the room, or possibly on the patio, we are willing to travel, and am not picky what direction we go, just looking to find a place to relax and be alone to gether. With or without a kitchen, not planning on eating in, other than maybe a small breakfast. Can anyone help ?

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,706 Reviews
from $399.99*
$520.00
Special Offer
45-minute Helicopter Flight Over the...
639 Reviews
from $276.99*
$299.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,214 Reviews
from $139.99*
$224.90
tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
17,655 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want private jacuzzi room, flexible on location

In-room jacuzzis just don't do it for me. They are usually not very big. Here's a list of Scottsdale resorts with in-room jacuzzis.

raveable.com/az/…l420c2t1

JW Marriott Camelback Inn has some rooms with private swimming pools.

I believe that there are also some resorts with jacuzzis on the patio of some rooms.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
7,060 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Want private jacuzzi room, flexible on location

That's a really wide range, can you help narrow it down a bit? I'm one who loves nice rooms and particularly jacuzzis. Unlike Bobbear, (no offense, of course!) we love in room jacuzzis, and have a whole list of ones that are quite good size, some with nice views. ;)

Do you want a B&B, a resort, or a vacation cabin? In town or secluded, Northern or Southern Arizona? (I know you say you live in Northern Arizona, does that mean Flagstaff? If so, I'll rule out the Flagstaff options.)

Here's a few for starters:

Sedona:

The Inn on Oak Creek:

Some rooms have two person jacuzzi "tubs" in the bathrooms with views of the red rocks and Oak Creek. Try the Duck Pond or Rose Arbor rooms. Awesome breakfast. One of our favorites in Sedona.

Various other B&Bs in Sedona have in room jacuzzis; if Sedona interests you, check out the TA listings for B&Bs, or ask us for more recs.

Oak Creek Canyon:

Junipine Lodge has full size cabins; some of them have completely full size jacuzzis on the porch. Awesome location in Oak Creek Canyon. It's a larger place, though, so if you want a room/patio with creek views, you have to ask.

Oak Creek Terrace has a few rooms with in room jacuzzi tubs; but it's way more "rustic" than other places, but it's an extremely quiet location next to the creek.

Payson/Show Low/Greer:

There are tons of cabins, lodges, and resorts in the White Mountains that have jacuzzis outside or jacuzzi tubs inside. Again, let me know if you want recs.

Phoenix/Scottsdale:

Marriott Camelback Inn:

Bobbear is correct, some rooms have private pools. $$$ though.

Four Seasons:

Some rooms have private plunge (small) pools and/or outdoor private showers. Great service, $$$ in season

Sheraton Desert Oasis:

This is a timeshare place, but you can get a rooom for a day (or a week) without buying a timeshare. The larger units have a full kitchen and a corner jacuzzi tub in the bedroom. Pool area is nice enough; service is just ok.

Royal Palms:

Awesome boutique resort for romantic getaway, some rooms have jacuzzi tubs; they aren't huge, though.

Edited: 2:08 pm, July 15, 2010
Arizona
Level Contributor
131 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Want private jacuzzi room, flexible on location

Thank you so much for your help, secluded is always good, but we are totally open to a resort type or cabin type feel as well. I would like to stay out of Sedona, ( I work for a timeshare resort in Sedona, live in Camp Verde), so that would not really be a break for me. We love in-room jacuzzis, find them perfect for us, really love a private jacuzzi on a deck or patio, but hard to find. Of course cost is always a factor, so would really appreciate suggestions in all price ranges. We are a middle age fun loving couple that can find something fun to do no matter where we are ! So, we are open to location as well ! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Arizona
Level Contributor
131 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Want private jacuzzi room, flexible on location

And I would love some suggestions for Payson/Greer/White Mountains as well !

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
7,060 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Want private jacuzzi room, flexible on location

Ah, ok, if you live in Camp Verde, I can see not wanting to do Sedona. And since it's summer, I think the White Mountains would be perfect! Ok, I need to look up a couple of things, and I'll get back to you...

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
7,060 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Want private jacuzzi room, flexible on location

Payson:

Kohl's Ranch has some rooms with jacuzzi tubs on the patio. Don't get the rooms with the jacuzzi tubs in the bathroom, as they don't always work. (Found that out firsthand!) You probably already know this, but Kohl's used to be independently owned, but now is a timeshare owned by ILX. It's a pretty good location, though, and very quiet.

Caveat: This next one isn't my 1st choice by far, but I'll throw it out there:

Just outside of Christopher Creek is a place called Mountain Meadows Cabins. They have 6 cabins, and 3 or 4 of them have an actual, full size jacuzzi inside the room. We've never stayed there, but we went and toured the place on our way to Pinetop once. The cabins are quite close together, but it's a very quiet spot in the woods. The cabins were for sale when we were there, and the owners are quirky, but usually nice enough. (I called on the phone for info once, and owner was very cranky.) They are VERY particular about the jacuzzis, though - no swimsuits, and they do have signs all over the cabins telling you what NOT to do. The cabins are nothing special, think 80's country decor, but they seemed clean. I THINK there's one cabin with French doors off the jacuzzi area, so it would be a little like being on a patio.

http://www.mountainmeadowscabins.com/

Pinetop:

Pinetop Vista Cabins has full size jacuzzis on outdoor decks overlooking the trees and the mountains. (Not all cabins have jacuzzis, though.) This is one of the best places - we didn't stay here as we already had lodging, but we toured it (we do that a lot!) and I want to go back and stay sometime. Great value, too, unless they've raised their prices. The owner is quite a "character", but very nice; has done much of the work on the cabins himself, and it's gorgeous! The wood work inside is beautiful. One caveat: I don't like the Ski cabin, personally, as it sits at the bottom of the hill, next to the cemetary. The other cabins have better views.

www.pinetopvistacabins.com

Just outside Pinetop, in the Pinetop Country Club, is a cabin we have rented a couple of times. The owners are really great; they live here in Phoenix but rent out their cabin on VRBO. The cabin is an A frame with 2 bedrooms and a loft, a front deck, and a jacuzzi in a little room off to the side of the family room. It's sunken into the floor, and it's not as deep as most jacuzzis, but they have windows on three sides with lights outside on their trees, so it's beautiful at night. The cabin is very clean; nothing fancy in terms of decor, though, and the bathrooms could use updating. But we love the location, and the neighborhood is beautiful, friendly, and very quiet.

http://www.vrbo.com/57079

Springerville, near Greer:

X Diamond Ranch - I've never been here, but the cabins look gorgeous. Some have jacuzzis on the deck, but those are also pricey.

www.XDiamondRanch.com

Greer Lodge Resort, in Greer:

If you've never been to Greer, at least take a drive here sometime. It's gorgeous, and very quiet. Much of the lodging in Greer is now owned by the Greer Lodge Resort. Therefore, they have a huge selection of cabins and rooms to choose from. A few of the cabins have jacuzzis on the deck; beware of the dog-friendly cabins, though - I've heard they are dirty. My favorite cabins (because of their location next to the creek, in the trees, and secluded) are the Red Setter cabins. Most of them have corner jacuzzi tubs in the bathrooms, but they are also rather pricey.

I hope that helps you. If you have any other questions, let me know!

Edited: 4:42 pm, July 15, 2010
Arizona
Level Contributor
131 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Want private jacuzzi room, flexible on location

Your suggestions are perfect, thank you so much, we have been very interested in Kohls Ranch, but thought those were solely timeshare, how would one rent one of them?

Prescott, Arizona
Level Contributor
295 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Want private jacuzzi room, flexible on location

Creekside in Prescott, actually more like Mayer.

http://www.creeksidepreserve.com/

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
7,060 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Want private jacuzzi room, flexible on location

You're welcome! And yes, Kohl's Ranch can actually be booked just like a regular hotel room. If they have availability, you can pay for one or more nights, without being a member of ILX. We simply call them, but I think you can book online, too. Below is their website; click on 'Floor Plans' to view the cabin layout. I think the Christopher Creek Silver would be best if it's just the two of you - when you call, though, make sure to ask if the deck jacuzzi is working currently. It isn't always a perfectly maintained place, but the staff is usually very nice if there's a problem. We've been to a couple of weddings there, and the staff was awesome.

www.ilxresorts.com/resort/kohls_ranch_lodge

As for Creekside in Mayer, beware of that place. The pictures online are MUCH nicer than the place itself; the "cabins" are very close together, and the TA reviews of their service leave a lot to be desired.

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

10. Re: Want private jacuzzi room, flexible on location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:53 am, January 12, 2011