We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Advice -- GCanyon + Zion National Park + Four Corners

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Please Advice -- GCanyon + Zion National Park + Four Corners

Hi:

Iam Driving to the GCanyon Area following Las Vegas from Dec 22nd Untill Dec 24th..

This is what i thought..

1)LV to Grand Canyon South Rim.

2)Zion National Park Area (Rainbow Bridge Monument ..etc)

3)Four Corners Point..

I know it would be pretty Intense.. But ready for it..

2) and 3) -- Iam not sure whats Imp(In Southerrn Utah)

Any suggestions / thoughts for that are welcome.. I want to Drive thru whatever i can in the time frame..

Thanks

Moni

Walnut Canyon National Monument
Historic Sites, Monuments & Statues, Canyons, National Parks
Wupatki National Monument
Historic Sites, Monuments & Statues, National Parks, Volcanos
Petrified Forest National Park
Deserts, National Parks, Parks
phoenix az
Level Contributor
28 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please Advice -- GCanyon + Zion National Park + Four Corners

Are you going back to Vegas? If so, I would go to South Rim (5 hrs), then go the next day to four Corners, Kayenta, and NE AZ, then Zion (3 hrs-4) and then back to Vegas.

There is so much in that area- you want to stop and see interesting things like trading posts....

Colchester UK
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Please Advice -- GCanyon + Zion National Park + Four Corners

You're really trying to do an awful lot in a short space of time, but it sounds as though you are up for it.

My advice would be:

1: Drive from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon. Take AZ66 from Kingman to Seligman (Historic route 66)

2: Grand Canyon to Panguitch (southern Utah) via US 89A taking a look at Pipe Springs, Cedar Breaks and Bryce Canyon.

3: Then back to Las Vegas via Zion and I-15 with a detour through Valley of Fire if time allows.

This means you won't get to see Four Corners but to be honest there is not a lot to see there.

If you really want to do Southern Utah justice, it really is a beautiful part of the USA, allow yourself more time then you will be able to see Grand Staircase-Escalante, Capitol Reef, Natural Bridges, Arches, Canyonlands and Monument Valley.

Good Luck and enjoy.

Tony Grant