We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Neets Bay vs. Alaska Bear Adventure - Bear watching

Neets Bay vs. Alaska Bear Adventure - Bear watching

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:38 pm, November 25, 2013
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Neets Bay vs. Alaska Bear Adventure - Bear watching

I am interested in the answer to your question as we, too, are deciding which tour to take between those two. I hope someone replies!

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,219 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Neets Bay vs. Alaska Bear Adventure - Bear watching

The keys are:

1) know where you are going

2) go during peak bear viewing times

3) do you want to see brown bears or black bears?

You haven't told us the answer to 1) and "Alaska Bear Adventure" doesn't tell you where it goes, so I would never take that unless you know exactly where it goes.

Neets Bay is usually later than some places for bear viewing - more like mid August and later I believe.

Generally I would lean toward Pack Creek from Juneau if mid/late July or later than anything from Ketchikan if you want to see brown bears. But Neets could be OK if your timing is right.

Also you can book Neets independently - check prices, length of tour. For me with bear viewing, the longer the tour the better. Time goes very quickly.

Edited: 11:04 pm, October 01, 2013
3. Re: Neets Bay vs. Alaska Bear Adventure - Bear watching

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 03, 2014