We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denali Road Lottery - we won - now comes the problem!!

Bielefeld, Germany
Level Contributor
85 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Denali Road Lottery - we won - now comes the problem!!

The title says part of it, here comes the rest.

Against all odds, we actually won the Denali Road Lottery for entry on Sept. 12. Our plans were made months ago for this trip, and since we absolutely never expected to win, we booked a 25' RV from Anchorage. The problem is that, with a 25', we can't drive very far into Denali, since 22' vehicles are the maximum allowed. (Even if we could switch to a 22' RV, other problems would be caused with the bedding configurations in a 22'er for the rest of the rental.)

Is there any great TA member - located somewhere between Anchorage and Healy or so, who has a car, is free on the 12th of September, and would like to spend the day at DNP?? We'd be glad to pay your expenses. My husband and I(it's just the two of us) would be eternally grateful for any and all help. We do have a camping spot reserved at Riley Creek and could meet you anywhere near there. And if you can't spare the time, maybe you know someone who could.

Thanks for your help.

Alaska
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
1,857 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Denali Road Lottery - we won - now comes the problem!!

Look for a private message on this topic. I will be in the neighborhood with a friend at that time, and the opportunity to drive into the park with you sounds like it could be a pleasant experience.

Schoene moglichkeit - bis spater -

Bielefeld, Germany
Level Contributor
85 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Denali Road Lottery - we won - now comes the problem!!

Hi Since 71,

Message received - many thanks. I've written a lengthy answer and really appreciate your help.

3. Re: Denali Road Lottery - we won - now comes the problem!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, October 07, 2009