We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bullfrog Mosquito Coast SPF 30 Sunscreen and Insect Repellen

Junction, Texas
Level Contributor
344 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Bullfrog Mosquito Coast SPF 30 Sunscreen and Insect Repellen

Some of our Texas Highway Department folks are recommending this. If any of you have used it, would you please give me you opinion how it stacks up against the Deet products?

I have a very low tolerance for smells like Gain and can't use things that have that strong smell. Thank you.

One week from today!

3 replies to this topic
Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
43,563 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bullfrog Mosquito Coast SPF 30 Sunscreen and Insect Repellen

Hmm . . . I don't usually buy products that are both sunscreen and mosquito repellent. What activities are you planning on? If mosquitoes aren't too bad, I use citronella products. If we are having a bad year, I will use DEET but only if they are really bad and I am outside most of the day.

Junction, Texas
Level Contributor
344 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bullfrog Mosquito Coast SPF 30 Sunscreen and Insect Repellen

I had never heard of the combination before this month.

#1 --Eat seafood & see the incredible scenery and experience as many different kinds of things as we can fit in. We are not able to hike or climb much so Markets, Anchorage and several small towns, Trolly & Alaska Native Heritage Center,, Talkeetna, Denali shuttle bus, Hurricane train, Denali Hwy to Paxton & glacier viewing , Rusts Redoubt Bay Bear viewing, Alaska River Ad. float in Cooper Landing, wander the Spit in Homer, Creatures of the Dock tour, Halibut Cove & Gull Island , Major Marine 6 hour, Alpine Air Glacier Dog Sledding. And anything we learn of or decide to slip in.

Lodging reservations made last summer & divided among the four of us lets us spend more on excursions. 2 meals a day from the picnic basket .and eat every crumb of seafood you can -- anytime.

Kids, grandkids and greats can see the pictures! Need-less-to-say, we have rented a car & we fly into and out of Anchorage. And you know how rural Texans are -- driving like that is a pleasure, not a chore. 16 days.

Mentioned in this post
Alaska Native Heritage Center
Alaska Native Heritage...
1,357 Reviews
Anchorage, AK
Denali
Denali
2,247 Reviews
Denali National Park and Preserve, AK
Alaska
Alaska
United States
Homer
Homer
Alaska
Alpine Air Alaska
Alpine Air Alaska
678 Reviews
Girdwood, AK
Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
43,563 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bullfrog Mosquito Coast SPF 30 Sunscreen and Insect Repellen

I would buy some bug dope and bring it along in case on your outdoor excursions. I would not worry about/buy a type with sunscreen. If you need sunscreen apply that. I try not to put bug dope on my skin personally - I spray in on my clothes first unless we are having a really bad mosquito summer and they are vicious. :)

Reply to: Bullfrog Mosquito Coast SPF 30 Sunscreen and Insect Repellen
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted