We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Amigo "Holigun"

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Club Amigo "Holigun"

This will be my second visit to this wonderful place. Last time we only stayed a week and fort his trip we will be there for two weeks. SO, my question is what are some things that we should see and do? last time we pretty much stayed at the resort and loved all the locals and workers at the resort. We gave money vs. gifts but heard gifts are better, what do you guys think? Any tips would be great...

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
446 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Amigo "Holigun"

Hi lady,

We'll be at the Club Amigo in March for two weeks as well. We went to Santa Lucia last March and brought many gifts but what seemend to be the most popular was the clothes. The workers on the resort really appreciated the work gloves and baseball caps. Gum was another fav and of course, medications like children's cough and cold syrup, tylenol. Also, sanitary napkins are very $$ and quite appreciated.

Enjoy your trip!

Portage la Prairie...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Amigo "Holigun"

Have been to this resort for 5 years in a row and are going again in March. If you have any specific questions I would be happy to answer them. Pappa Smurff

Portage la Prairie...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Amigo "Holigun"

Funnurse what are you dates in March, ours are 5th to 19th

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
446 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Amigo "Holigun"

hi Pappa Smurff (by the way, i like your nickname-i loved the smurfs)

We'll be there from the 9th through the 23rd... we'll have our three kids with us. Are you going alone, with your spouse or with kids?

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Amigo "Holigun"

Hi Papasmurf,

As I stated I was wondering what there was to see and do off of the resort. We are going for New Years and leave on the 26th of Dec. As I said before we said on the resort the hole time and did nothing else so I would like to know somethings off of the resort that would be a must do and see!! Thanks again.

Scarlet

Portage la Prairie...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Club Amigo "Holigun"

Scarlet

There are quite a few things to do off the resort as far as excursions go. The catamaran day trip we enjoyed, have also done a trip into Houlgin, also usually go on the little train that goes into the country side, it's not really a train but a tractor that pulls three wagons that are made up to look like a train, there are horse drawn carts that you can hire, a boat trip to an eco reserve that was very nice and a few others like swim with the dolphins. These were a few things we did while we were there. Hope this helped.

Pappa

Portage la Prairie...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Club Amigo "Holigun"

Hola funnurse

My wife and I are traveling with our children for the first time in years. Two boys (29 and 31) and one daughter in law. Ame really looking forwrd to it. Hope we meet up with each other over a cervesa.

Pappa Smurff

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
446 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Club Amigo "Holigun"

Sounds good Pappa Smurf...

LOL i'm laughing because i was thingking that maybe our kids would be around the same age... playpals, you know... but mine are 11, 7 and 5 so LOLOLOLOLLLL think your 29 year old would like to make sand castles? hihi

Hope to see you there!

9. Re: Club Amigo "Holigun"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:27 am, August 19, 2009