We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Pesquero or Paradisus Rio De Ora

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Topic
Playa Pesquero or Paradisus Rio De Ora

looking at booking a weeks break away to one of these resorts for next March to celebrate my 40th. The PRDO is approx £250 each more for the week. Would you pay the extra to go there? Is it worth it?

Has anyone stayed at both that could advice me?

Thanks

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,450 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Playa Pesquero or Paradisus Rio De Ora

I actually found the mattress's quite comfortable, mind you that was 2 years ago. My only complaint was that the beach at the PRDO was not that good, but further to the SLRM it was much better. Second week we were there a family with younger children showed up for a few days. Found out it was the family of a manager of a Melia property in Spain. Not cool when you pay that kind of money for AO. The kids weren't a issue but.......... All in all we had a blast at the PRDO.

Cheers

Ontario
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Playa Pesquero or Paradisus Rio De Ora

We just got back and had an amazing bed. I think that there are occasions when an older mattress happens. Maybe we have just been lucky as at this resort they have been very comfortable....and we like firm matresses

Sans Souci...
Level Contributor
323 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Playa Pesquero or Paradisus Rio De Ora

****Im not arguing. But royalton was the the only cuban resort on ta top 10 lists of carribean resorts****

jdh134, please accept my apologies. There's no argument... The Royalton is definitely listed as the "top-rated" resort as of now on TripAdvisor. But just trying to help people to understand that sometimes the numbers/facts don't always take everything into account.

Cheers and Happy Canada Day weekend!

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,860 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Playa Pesquero or Paradisus Rio De Ora

I think im partial to csm as I have been there multiple times! Heading there to get married in november. I was fairly shocked to see the royalton there as it is in some stiff company!

Happy canada day to you and everybody else!

Edited: 2:32 pm, June 27, 2014
Sans Souci...
Level Contributor
323 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Playa Pesquero or Paradisus Rio De Ora

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! We've never been to CSM, but we're doing some major research! We're unfamiliar with the Royalton "brand" per se, but the look and feel of the resort setting (from photos) sure does remind us of some hotels in Miami and Punta Cana.

All the best!

16. Re: Playa Pesquero or Paradisus Rio De Ora

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 29, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Holguin