We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol Rio de Luna y Mares

ottawa
Level Contributor
3,185 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Sol Rio de Luna y Mares

Just booked for mid Sept :). I have a couple of questions. Can anyone provide input on the difference in accommodation between the Luna side and the Mares side? Also, does anyone have a contact email address?

Thanks!

ps Is AC Jazz that bad?

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Sol Rio de Luna y Mares

Everyone is booked but me!

:(

Enjoy SRLM. We definitely preferred it to PCV in pretty well all areas.

Love the views there and the beach is to die for!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Sol Rio de Luna y Mares

I'm just back from SRLM and I'm very statisfied.

I was in the Mares section, but would prefer and will request Luna next time because I prefer a quieter room. Not that it was extremely noisy, just that because of the low season most shows where moved from the Theater to the space between the pool and the lobby and that is exactly where my balcony was... So wetter we like it or not, we had to listen to the show.

Room was dated like previously stated, but not too bad. I've seen much worst in Canada! Was really clean too which is my only concern as long as the door can be locked too!

Food was good, not a lot of variety at the buffet, but always a few good options. For us it was hit and miss for the a la carte. French was perfect! not just for Cuba, it was even better than a lot of reputable restaurants in Montreal and service was impeccable! Mexican and Italian were good but we did not like the Mediterranean

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
834 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Sol Rio de Luna y Mares

The posted times for the double decker bus from SRLM to Guardalavaca when we were there in April had only 2 pickup times 9:38 & 11:38 and 2 return times 10:38 & 1:38. After a few stays at PCV we decided to try something new and went to SRLM and really liked it alot. We stayed on the Luna side and thought it was perfect. The view from our room was unbelievable. I think you'll be happy with your decision :)

ottawa
Level Contributor
3,185 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Sol Rio de Luna y Mares

Thanks! We hope to get the Luna side. Anyone have any room recommendations???

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
834 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Sol Rio de Luna y Mares

We were in block 5 on the second floor in the center. Requested 3rd floor but that didn't happen and the view was still amazing. we had an unobstructed view of Paradise. Block 5 is centrally located and has an elevator. Our daughters were closer to the Luna pool and had a good view, not great & on the same floor as us. Block 6 would have really good views as well, Its a bit closer to the shoreline.

ottawa
Level Contributor
3,185 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Sol Rio de Luna y Mares

Thanks Frosty, I will check this out. :)

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Sol Rio de Luna y Mares

I just returned. I had a 3rd floor ocean view in Block 6. Very quiet, stunning view and very handy to the Luna pool and Galileo snack bar. Enjoy!

ottawa
Level Contributor
3,185 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Sol Rio de Luna y Mares

Close to the pool--sounds great--I tend to avoid the beach because of sand fleas.

ottawa
Level Contributor
3,185 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Sol Rio de Luna y Mares

CJ,

It won't be long and you will be boasting about your fantastic trip/price to MCC :)

20. Re: Sol Rio de Luna y Mares

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 07, 2015