We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

made a mess of my cuba visa

Matlock, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
made a mess of my cuba visa

My husband started to fill in my visa with his name. Have gone over it in thick ink and my name is clearly visible but rarther thick. Will I need to get a new one.

Kingston, Ontario...
Level Contributor
300 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: made a mess of my cuba visa

Yes, in all likelihood you will. They are very cranky about changes or errors on their forms! Good luck.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,556 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: made a mess of my cuba visa

"... They are very cranky about changes or errors on their forms!..."

==========================

Just to be clear, the problem isn't in Cuba - they don't care - it's boarding the aircraft in the UK.

Many UK check-in agents like to pretend that they're actually Cuban Aduana (Immigration) officers and they wrongly believe that any mistake on the Tourist Card necessitates starting over with a brand new TC. So yes, you might be forced to purchase a new TC at the airport.

Good luck sliding through...

Cheers,

Terry

PS Yet another reason why Canada's system of simply handing the TCs out on the aircraft makes so much more sense than the cumbersome and antiquated UK procedure...

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,230 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: made a mess of my cuba visa

"They are very cranky about changes or errors on their forms! "

From what I can gather this isn't consistent. You might get away with it, you might not. Worst case, you get to buy another one in Cuba instead of at home.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
6,212 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: made a mess of my cuba visa

You can get a replacement at Manchester airport if you need to. It will cost you about £15.00 I think. You could also ask your travel agent if they have a replacement. It T. Cook or Thomsons who will reject it not Cuba.

Edited: 4:31 pm, March 06, 2014
Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
96,793 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: made a mess of my cuba visa

The simplest way is just to buy one from the Customer Services desk of the airline you are flying with at the airport.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: made a mess of my cuba visa

Of note.. If a passenger entering the USA , is denied entry, it is the responsiblity of that airline to get you home again. So, the check in people are "over-strict" to avoid having to provide a non-scheduled flight back home, which can mess up people already reserved for that flight.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,556 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: made a mess of my cuba visa

Gian, that has nothing whatsoever to do with a Cuban Tourist Card. Absolutely zero.

Cheers,

Terry

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: made a mess of my cuba visa

I made a mistake on mine , I just changed a 1 to a 6 but thomas cook at manchester wouldn't accept it and I had to go to the thomas cook office and buy another one for £20. Have been extra careful this time!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: made a mess of my cuba visa

I will disagree Terry, but we can settle that in pm's :)

Skelton-in-Cleveland...
Level Contributor
133 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: made a mess of my cuba visa

I've never done anything as stressful as filling in a Cuban tourist visa , I need total silence a coffee first and a deep breath befor I attempt to put pen to paper !!!