We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Pesquero Super saver room

Bowmanville
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Playa Pesquero Super saver room

Has anyone stayed in the super saver category at PP lately? Just wondering how much disruption there is from the construction.... thanks!

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
103,327 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Pesquero Super saver room

lola017:

I have never heard of a super saver room at the Pesquero. My guess is that it's just a name that your tour operator is using. There are only three types of room at the Pesquero: a mini suite, a superior room or a standard room.

Bowmanville
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Pesquero Super saver room

thank you Bellagio... yes, i think you are right. When I emailed the hotel for location prefeence the response was we had booked (through Sunwing from Toronto) a "super saver" room and that these are located close to the construction. I might go back and further request a block in that area that is the least impacted by the disruption -- if such a place exists LOL -- I am sure we will have a great time either way.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
103,327 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Pesquero Super saver room

lola017:

I suppose it is possible that Sunwing has done a deal with the Pesquero for rooms that are close to the construction at a reduced rate. Therefore you will be stuck with those rooms. However you will probably be out of your room for most of the day so it should have little impact on your vacation. You may have well got a very good deal in the end.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
267 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa Pesquero Super saver room

I agree that each tour operator assigns different names. We are flying at the end of February with a tour company named HolaSun Holidays and they have a room category at PP called "Caribe Club Superior Room|. It is actually simply a Superior Room.

No matter what they call them, as Bellagio said - there are only three room categories at PP.

Bowmanville
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa Pesquero Super saver room

Appreciate the responses. thank you!

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
452 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Playa Pesquero Super saver room

Just returned and while construction didn't go late every night, we moved from block 35 after day 2 after a night of hearing a jackhammer till past midnight!!! While we had a wonderful 2 weeks, I was a bit dissappointed that they placed us in that block, a 4th time visitor. I guess we still rank relatively low on the return guest list! LOL

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
103,327 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Playa Pesquero Super saver room

LeafFansGrimsby:

I, too, am amazed they placed you in a block close to the construction. I don't blame you for requesting a move.

Bowmanville
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Playa Pesquero Super saver room

Hi LeafFansGrimsby

Our agent tried to get us moved to no avail. Sunwing said we would have to pay an additonal 150 pp to upgrade (out of that area) -- Did the resort charge you a fee to move to a different block? -- and/or was it a hassle to get moved?

Glad you were able to get the situation rectified and enjoyed your vacation!

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
103,327 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Playa Pesquero Super saver room

Maybe that LeafFansGrimsby didn't book a Super Saver room?

Bowmanville
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Playa Pesquero Super saver room

That may well be. I am not assuming they did ... Perhaps I should have asked that as well, Either way I am curious further to my question above. thank you.